Author Topic: Manchin: Reid's leadership did not work  (Read 438 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin: Reid's leadership did not work
« on: April 20, 2015, 12:59:03 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/239365-manchin-reids-leadership-did-not-work

By David McCabe - 04/20/15 07:49 AM EDT

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid’s (D-Nev.) leadership when Democrats controlled the Senate did not work, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) said on Monday.

"Well first of all, Harry’s a good man,” Manchin, who just announced he will run for reelection, said while appearing on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “His leadership and the things he thought would work did not. So with that, you just move on.”

Reid was majority leader until earlier this year. He has said he does not intend to run for reelection in 2016 and will be replaced in leadership by Sen. Chuck Schumer (D.N.Y.).

Manchin, a moderate, said that with Republicans in control of the upper chamber, he now has the opportunity to work with the majority to get legislation passed.

“But me walking away, I think, would be much worse when I have a chance to make a difference,” he said. “I’m in the middle now, they’re looking for somebody in the middle, they need six of me to make something work.”

The comments come a day after Manchin said he would not leave the Senate to run for governor of West Virginia, which he had considered.

“I feel that I can have the greatest impact on West Virginia and America by staying in Washington,” he said during an appearance on CBS’s “Face the Nation.” “This place may not be working now, but I’m not going to stop fighting to make it work.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Manchin: Reid's leadership did not work
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 01:43:38 pm »
"Well first of all, Harry’s a good man,”

Once again, Manchin proves himself to be a liar and someone with no credibility whatsoever.  There is not ONE shred of evidence to show that Harry Reid is a good man!

**nononono*

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Longiron

Re: Manchin: Reid's leadership did not work
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 03:21:57 pm »
Little Joe cannot get elected as GOV in gun loving WV or he would be out of the Senate. He will be out of the Senate in 2018 and will not be elected again in WV and knows it. Same with his partner Pat Toomy, PA. Toomy will be gone in 2016 and PA also like their guns. :patriot: