Author Topic: Perry on 2016: We've tried 'young, inexperienced' senators  (Read 1502 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Perry on 2016: We've tried 'young, inexperienced' senators
« on: April 16, 2015, 11:40:02 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/239163-perry-on-2016-weve-tried-young-inexperienced-senators

April 16, 2015, 05:51 pm

April 16, 2015, 05:51 pm

By Mark Hensch

Former Gov. Rick Perry (R-Texas) on Thursday argued that the GOP’s crop of 2016 presidential candidates lacks the political seasoning needed for the Oval Office.

The Republican criticized his party’s three official presidential candidates during an address in Nashua, N.H., according to CNN, comparing their lack of experience to that of President Obama when the then-freshman Illinois senator took office.

He added that although he admires Sens. Marco Rubio (Fla.), Rand Paul (Ky.) and Ted Cruz (Texas), none of them possess the experience the presidency requires.

“Do you want to take a chance on someone who doesn’t have an executive track record of being an executive?” Perry asked reporters after a lunch at the Nashua Country Club.

“When you walk off the Senate floor, you walk off the Senate floor,” he said of the GOP’s current field.

“You don’t walk away when you’re governor,” Perry, a likely 2016 candidate himself, added. “You have to deal with things.”

Perry claimed voters had already gambled on a “young, inexperienced senator” by electing Obama in 2008. He said that Obama’s tenure since then showed the flaws of presidential style over substance.

“If you’re flying from Boston to London, you want to be flying with somebody who gives a heck of a good presentation on aerodynamics and why the airplane stays in the air, that has you on the edge of your seat with excitement because they’re such a great speaker ... but they got 150 hours of flying time?” Perry asked.

“Or do you want to be with that grizzled, old, 20,000-hour captain who’s taken that airplane back and forth thousands of times safely?” he continued.

Perry, 65, said his 14 years in office gave him a maturity the GOP’s official 2016 contenders lacked. The former Texas governor is still deciding whether or not he will compete against the much-younger Rubio (43), Cruz (44) and Paul (52) next election cycle.

“That record is, I think, incomparable with anyone standing on stage with me,” Perry said of his gubernatorial tenure.

Perry is weighing another presidential bid after stumbling and falling short in 2012.

By Mark Hensch
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:41:10 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Perry on 2016: We've tried 'young, inexperienced' senators
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 11:49:04 pm »
I believe the day to day demands of governorships, are a much more difficult test of a person's skills to lead and to manage.

Senators call their experience "leading" when it is really just speeches and votes, 3 1/2  days per week, for a few weeks at a time.

Governors have full time jobs, 52 weeks per year.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 11:58:24 pm »
As of today my top three in defending order are Scott Walker, Rick Perry, and Ted Cruz. Subject to change of course.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 12:25:27 am »
I believe the day to day demands of governorships, are a much more difficult test of a person's skills to lead and to manage.

Senators call their experience "leading" when it is really just speeches and votes, 3 1/2  days per week, for a few weeks at a time.

But a governor also has absolutely no foreign policy experience, with the possible exception of being on a border with Canada or Mexico and dealing with the neighboring province.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 12:39:15 am »
But a governor also has absolutely no foreign policy experience, with the possible exception of being on a border with Canada or Mexico and dealing with the neighboring province.

Rick Perry certainly has experience with that.  He also has military experience.  If he runs, I would consider him to be the most qualified candidate over all the rest.  I'm ready to give him a second chance. 

Even so, I think the list of candidates we're looking at this time are the best-looking bench I've ever seen.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 12:40:44 am »
Mine is Marco Rubio, Rick Perry and Bobby Jindal... Walker I might consider..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 12:57:48 am »
Might I remind everyone that Perry is not without baggage.  He has/had and indictment hanging over his head and he is involved with the SPP, Cintra/Guiliani and the TransTexas corridor a portion of the NAFTA Superhighway.  I know many of you believe that they were nothing more than a conspiracy theory; but if that were true Representative Ron Paul would have not co-sponsored a bill (H. Con Res 40) opposing such a highway as well as opposing a trilateral agreement between Mexico, U.S. and Canada.  In addition, Perry believes that NAFTA is the job stimulus of the decade.  I see NAFTA as the biggest destruction of jobs of the decade.  So...how anti-amnesty and closed borders can Perry really be?

Watch the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbLX0E8FQZY

http://www.teapartytribune.com/2011/08/12/rick-perrys-nafta-superhighway-problem/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 01:54:39 am »

Agreed.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 01:55:19 am »

And a junior senator does?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 06:09:15 pm »
And a junior senator does?
He (or she) deals with issues at a national level, including approval of foreign treaties, formulating and passing legislation, and sitting on foreign affairs committees—none of which a governor must handle.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 06:27:42 pm »
He (or she) deals with issues at a national level, including approval of foreign treaties, formulating and passing legislation, and sitting on foreign affairs committees—none of which a governor must handle.

:amen:   :thumbsup:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 07:01:09 pm »
Yeah, legislators sit on committees all alright. That is not very impressive, if that is your strongest argument for Senators.

Please note former Senators Clinton and then Kerry. They sat on committees, too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 07:05:13 pm »
Mine is Marco Rubio, Rick Perry and Bobby Jindal... Walker I might consider..

I certainly respect your opinion.  I am curious as to why you find Rubio's pro-amnesty stance appealing?  Do you feel that amnesty would be good for the country?