Author Topic: With eye toward 2016, Ohio's Kasich considers message  (Read 312 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
With eye toward 2016, Ohio's Kasich considers message
« on: April 19, 2015, 12:25:45 pm »
Gramling, South Carolina (CNN)To hear Ohio Gov. John Kasich tell it, the decision to run for president is a question of a higher calling.

"It's really like, what's the Lord want me to do?" Kasich told a group of Republicans gathered over a barbecue here Friday.

At events across upstate South Carolina, Kasich harkened back to the sense of duty that compelled him to run for governor of Ohio. He hasn't yet decided whether he believes it's his duty to run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016, though he's barnstorming the important early voting state, just days after his supporters set to work building an organization that can fund the governor's political travel and accept unlimited donations.

Meanwhile, Kasich is wrestling with what his message should be—and whether America is interested in hearing it.

He's not a flamethrower. He doesn't criticize his fellow Republicans or even the GOP's favorite punching bag, President Barack Obama. His positions aren't designed to rile up the GOP base.

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/18/politics/john-kasich-president-2016-consideration/index.html

I know zero about this guy, apart from he's considering a run. Anyone care to clue me in on the nebbish?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink