Author Topic: Trump in Dallas : Live thread  (Read 3495 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Trump in Dallas : Live thread
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2015, 02:22:13 am »

HOLY CRAP!!!      :laugh:

Compare that photo to a Hillary rally. Puts me in mind of that Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway song, Where Is the Love.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2015, 02:44:38 am »

HOLY CRAP!!!      :laugh:

That's pretty impressive - especially for a guy that was supposed to be "done" by now!

:laugh:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2015, 02:53:24 am »
Trump is used to fame. But I imagine the adulation directed to politicians on the national stage must be pretty heady stuff and addictive.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2015, 02:42:49 pm »
And it's all off the cuff.  Contrast with Teleprompter in Chief.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2015, 03:16:28 pm »
And it's all off the cuff.  Contrast with Teleprompter in Chief.

I should think that seeing Obama as president do his "job" the last seven years should have taught us that towering intellect is not the most important thing for a president to possess. I think there are aspects of personality more important.

Starting with patriotism and love of country, followed by killer negotiating skills, real world understanding of economics and finance, high-energy work ethic, common sense.

Harry Truman possessed some of these important traits. Trump definitely does.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2015, 03:25:25 pm »
I should think that seeing Obama as president do his "job" the last seven years should have taught us that towering intellect is not the most important thing for a president to possess. I think there are aspects of personality more important.

Starting with patriotism and love of country, followed by killer negotiating skills, real world understanding of economics and finance, high-energy work ethic, common sense.

Harry Truman possessed some of these important traits. Trump definitely does.

I have my doubts about that "towering intellect" thing, myself ...
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2015, 03:43:44 pm »
Given that Trump managed to attract something like 17K people into an arena, and given that this thread has had less than 500 hits on the internet (so far) it's not much of a contest as to which one is more out of touch.

I don't much care for Donald Trump, but I do recognize a formidable political presence when I see one.  The guy fully understands how to take a political message and make it compelling to the average Joe.  He ignores cognition altogether and zeroes right in to the affective state of his audience, touching on the themes they want to hear: winning, not getting screwed by a bunch of losers (like Karl Rove and George Will), making the country great again.  It is fundamentally simple and intentionally directed at the id, and so it is laced with aggression and sex.  It is instant gratification for a population conditioned to want instant gratification, and that is why it is effective.

I am here to tell you, this guy is redefining the way political campaigns are run in this country, and taking him lightly is a big mistake.