Author Topic: This woman found her birth mother in an unlikely location: her office  (Read 445 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

By Peter Holley April 18 at 1:05 PM

For years, La-Sonya Mitchell-Clark has had a burning question about her identity.

“Ever since I found out that I was adopted, I wanted to know who my biological mother was,”  Mitchell-Clark, of Youngstown, Ohio, told ABC affiliate WYTV.

When the Ohio Department of Health released birth records last month for those born between Jan. 1, 1964, and Sept. 18, 1996, the 38-year-old thought she might have a shot of answering that question once and for all.

[49 years after she was told her daughter was dead, a mother reunites with her child]

“It is an opportunity to find out about past family medical history, maybe possibly reconnect with some siblings or their birth parents that they never had the opportunity to find out,” Mahoning County Probate Judge Robert Rusu told WYTV before the records were released. “Most people want the original birth certificate because that has the birth parents name on it, and that is what they want to know.”

Mitchell-Clark’s birth records were no different. When they arrived in the mail, they included her mother’s name: Francine Simmons.

Mitchell-Clark looked the name up on Facebook and found someone named Francine Simmons who worked at the company Infocision, according to WYTV. That was odd, Mitchell-Clark thought, because she works there, too.

“There’s a Francine that works at my job,” Mitchell-Clark told WYTV, recalling her train of thought as she researched the woman on Facebook. “She works in VR, and she works at the front desk.”

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/18/this-woman-found-birth-mother-in-an-unlikely-location-her-office/
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink