Author Topic: Marco Rubio in Spanish: Obama’s First Executive Amnesty ‘Important,’ People ‘Benefiting from It’  (Read 10989 times)

Offline GourmetDan

The only one I see with a massive chip on their shoulders is you. How many others in here have had to post in here about themselves in order to defend themselves?

There are a few pot-stirrers in here whose only contribution is to generate controversy.  They generally hang together.

If you can get this one to put you on 'Ignore', it's a much better forum, IMO.  Good luck...    :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Longiron

There are a few pot-stirrers in here whose only contribution is to generate controversy.  They generally hang together.

If you can get this one to put you on 'Ignore', it's a much better forum, IMO.  Good luck...    :silly:
Very good tool the "Ignore" button

Offline musiclady

Name them.  This group who 'hangs together.'

Name them.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I'm still waiting for an explanation for the Daily Kos cut and paste that was hostile to Ronald Reagan.

I have a very serious time trusting someone on an internet forum who does bizarre things that indicate one POV and then makes claims that he/she comes from another POV.

There is no reason in the world, as I see it, to ban libertybele.

I also see very little reason, thus far, as a Conservative, to trust her.

JMHO.....

Claiming to be "conservative," then saying, threatening, planning, vowing or otherwise justifying a vote for Hillary Clinton gets no respect whatsoever from me.

The truth is that any Republican that runs, is far, far better than any democrat running. Somebody that can't see that, is not worth my time and attention to read and respond to.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Claiming to be "conservative," then saying, threatening, planning, vowing or otherwise justifying a vote for Hillary Clinton gets no respect whatsoever from me.

The truth is that any Republican that runs, is far, far better than any democrat running. Somebody that can't see that, is not worth my time and attention to read and respond to.

Progressives will burn America down in the pursuit of implementing their ideology.

For a self-described conservative to make the argument that they will vote for a Democrat in order to gain some imaginary position of power in th e political landscape, tells me that they too are willing to burn America down in the pursuit of implementing their ideology.

No differences between the two in that aspect.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

The only one I see with a massive chip on their shoulders is you. How many others in here have had to post in here about themselves in order to defend themselves?  First of all, I never intentially meant to insult others...but felt I have been insulted for my strong anti-GOPe/DEM viewpoints.  The Daily Kos...that was in error (obviously). Years ago, I spent quite a lot of time and effort fighting against amnesty as well as spending a lot of time getting "W" re-elected.  I thought "W" was the greatest things to ever happen to the GOP since Reagan.  I was never so disappointed or discouraged and really alarmed by what happened during the last two years of his term. Yes, I understand that Congress was DEM...but still... border security which was voted on was never fully implemented, the push for amnesty was prevelant and darn near succeeded then. The economy took a spiral downward, Iraq had spiraled out of control.  I had to sit back and really re-evaluate the GOP. (Keep in mind I stated the GOP, NOT my conservative feelings or viewpoint). We were given a choice of McCain (who I couldn't bring myself to pull the lever for) and we were left with Obama...the TEA Party emerged...and Paul's REVOLUTION was in full force. I found I wasn't alone in my feelings.  Quite honestly, I feel that BOTH parties have failed this country period.  What we have left to depend on are ourselves and TEA.  Perhaps I'm dead wrong.  But, that is how I feel.

Ah...the News-Press forum. Right now they are relishing in the fact, that everyone in here knows that I post there. (Quite honestly, it's probably been the most visitors they've had in years). They are overjoyed that I have been "booted" here. Years ago, the newspaper had a forum that became very political and allowed both conservative and liberals. My main objective was to enlighten people as to Obama's Global Poverty Act S.2433 as a Senator and I now know I was right...that as president he would continue that goal.  Around the same time, we were all "homeless" when the newspaper shut the forum down and one of the members (liberal) started his own.  Anything goes in that forum from posting music to cartoons, etc.  Over the past couple of years, conservatives have left the building or have been kicked out for various reasons.  I continue to post in there because it has become quite an education as to how the liberal leftists think.  Perhaps progressives would be a better summation.  You would absolutely be amazed.  It is a rough forum...as I said anything goes.  I and one other conservative remain; I enjoy his writing (quirks and all). The total membership I believe is around 6, maybe 7.  Posting music from the past is entertaining and I hold no shame for contiuing to post there.  As I stated previously, "their" viewpoint is educational.  They feel that Benghazi is merely a GOP attack regardless of how many links I post. Yes, I even stated previously that I would vote for Hillary over Jeb ... at the time I didn't see much difference.   At that point, 3rd party would be my choice. At any rate, they hate Ted Cruz and think he has absolutely no chance, they hate Ted Nugent, the NRA, you name it.  I don't use the word hate lightly ... the posts are pretty vile.  They "hate" me and attack me ... I see that as me making my point.  Posting a "christian" view point there is also a no- no.  If you want to ban me from this forum so be it.  I am honest with my feelings, I don't hide from what I believe in.

For crying out loud....come down off that cross, Libertybele.

Nobody banned you.  Stop being a martyr.

And it's nice to see that you refused to vote for McCain/Palin back in 2008.   How'd that work out for you?  For us?

Even have the gall to imply that you knew exactly where Obama was going to take us.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Good post.

This whole thing is beginning to remind me of the 1991 Albert Brooks, Meryl Streep fantasy movie, "Defending Your Life" where in an afterlife resembling the present day US, people must prove their worth by showing in court how they have demonstrated courage. 

But, hey, no one should have to defend their political life here. That's not cricket, and it's not something I would particularly relish seeing as a regular feature here.  There should be no litmus for exchanging ideas.

Nobody requested a litmus test, Salvatore.   

We've had out-in-the-open "less than moderate" Republicans in here.   Won't call them liberals, because really....who the hell knows or in my case....cares?

I've also welcomed/defended a myriad of views expressed here.  As we've said many time, "Who wants an echo chamber?"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
They are overjoyed that I have been "booted" here.

What!....no one has been booted...I have never booted anyone here for their political opinions....well maybe once, a screaming bleeding heart liberal..... :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

We've had out-in-the-open "less than moderate" Republicans in here.   Won't call them liberals, because really....who the hell knows or in my case....cares?

I've also welcomed/defended a myriad of views expressed here.  As we've said many time, "Who wants an echo chamber?"

Here.

Let me give you a litmus test.

Marijuana should be legalized.

Many people will say that's a liberal mindset.

Others will say that's a libertarian mindset, and that libertarians are the extreme right position of conservatism since libertarians believe in minimalist government and maximized individual liberties.   

How do you marry those two opinions?

To me the right/left divide in politics in delimited by statism, but that's not how others see it.

Therein lies the problem.

Here's a visual.

Ask one thousand people increasingly more detailed questions on what conservatism is, then eliminate people after each question whose answers do not jibe with the rest of the test subjects.

This would be the chart representing the results of the test

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline aligncare

I was going to use the phrase "political cauldron" instead, cause I knew litmus was a loaded word and knew you were out there gunning for me pardner. But I took a shot anyway.  :shrug:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

What!....no one has been booted...I have never booted anyone here for their political opinions....well maybe once, a screaming bleeding heart liberal..... :silly:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline musiclady

Has anyone even suggested that libertybele be 'booted?'   

Though I'm obviously not here 24/7, I don't recall seeing that anyone thought that she be removed from the forum.

My question is.............. what's she even talking about??

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Though I'm obviously not here 24/7, I don't recall seeing that anyone thought that she be removed from the forum.

Not that I have seen on the forum..unless someone pm'ed her that?
Support the USO

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

They are overjoyed that I have been "booted" here.

"Booted" may be "outed" in true conservative© speak.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
maybe I'll reduce that and put it with the smilies..lol

Try this one.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Illegitimi non carborundum

Are you announcing that you have illegitimate black children?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Are you announcing that you have illegitimate black children?

No Luis! it roughly translates to "don't let the bastards grind you down" and wasn't addressed to you in any way!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

Not that I have seen on the forum..unless someone pm'ed her that?

No....apparently, upon returning to her other site, she felt compelled to tell them she was simply booted here rather than admit she was confronted and scolded.

Seems being banned has become a badge of honor of sorts.   It's more exciting that saying you've been 'slapped' down.

Have no doubt that libertybele is an authentic "Big C" Conservative.   Also, have no doubt she's a poster child for her POV on social issues.

A real-live in the flesh SOCON.

".....not that there's anything wrong with that."...Jerry Seinfeld

Offline musiclady

No....apparently, upon returning to her other site, she felt compelled to tell them she was simply booted here rather than admit she was confronted and scolded.

Seems being banned has become a badge of honor of sorts.   It's more exciting that saying you've been 'slapped' down.

Have no doubt that libertybele is an authentic "Big C" Conservative.   Also, have no doubt she's a poster child for her POV on social issues.

A real-live in the flesh SOCON.

".....not that there's anything wrong with that."...Jerry Seinfeld

Cept that I'm one of those eeeeevil 'socons' (for real) and she don't like me one little bit!  :dx1:

Online DCPatriot

Cept that I'm one of those eeeeevil 'socons' (for real) and she don't like me one little bit!  :dx1:

LOL! 

You're what I refer to as a "white collar" social conservative.   

One how knows how to hold a knife and fork properly. 

:laugh:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
It's knife with the right foot, right?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You are one of the most even tempered, forgiving posters I've ever run across musiclady.  Do NOT beat yourself up over this.

Online DCPatriot

You are one of the most even tempered, forgiving posters I've ever run across musiclady.  Do NOT beat yourself up over this.

Amen, Once-Ler!   :beer:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's knife with the right foot, right?

I'm just a plain old conservative (socially and physically) so I hold my fork in my right hand and the knife in the left.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien