Author Topic: Perry Swipes at Potential GOP Rivals: We Tried ‘Young, Inexperienced Senator’ Already  (Read 555 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Former Texas Governor Rick Perry didn’t fare so well the last time he ran for president, but he’s considering another run, so, of course, he was in New Hampshire today. And in comments he made to reporters, Perry made it clear while he holds great respect for candidates like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Marco Rubio, he doesn’t think they’re experienced enough

According to CNN, Perry contrasted the executive record of a governor like himself with those aforementioned senators. He argued, “When you walk off the Senate floor, you walk off the Senate floor. You don’t walk away from things when you’re governor. You have to deal with things.”

Perry invoked the current Commander-in-Chief to say the nation shouldn’t be saddled with another “young, inexperienced senator,” likening himself to a pilot captain and those Republican senators to “somebody that gives a heck of a good presentation on aerodynamics.”

Cruz had previously addressed the criticism that his run is strikingly similar to President Obama‘s, remarking that unlike the president, he wasn’t a “community organizer” or “backbencher” in the Senate.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/perry-swipes-at-potential-gop-rivals-we-tried-young-inexperienced-senator-already/

Too short to excerpt, but give them a click anyway. The comments are worth it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Perry has the experience but along with that comes some baggage as well as doing very poorly last election.  Unfortunately he has some very strong strikes against him.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.