Author Topic: Huckabee Set to Announce 2016 Decision Tonight on Fox News  (Read 6640 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Huckabee Set to Announce 2016 Decision Tonight on Fox News
« on: April 17, 2015, 04:27:44 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/huckabee-set-to-announce-claims-ive-beaten-clinton-political-machine/article/2563219

Huckabee set to announce, claims 'I've beaten Clinton political machine'
By Paul Bedard | April 17, 2015 | 11:30 am

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is "moving toward" announcing his second bid for president Friday night, claiming that he will be better funded than in his 2008 run and that he stands out as the most-experienced of the nearly 20 candidates considering a bid.

"I think that there is a real challenge today in the dysfunctional environment of government as it is in Washington and clearly one of the reasons that I'm considering, contemplating and moving toward a decision," he told a small group of reporters Friday morning.

Huckabee said he will announce his plans, either to run or when he will officially announce, on Fox where he had a TV show for years. He said he will reveal the news on "Special Report with Bret Baier," the highly-acclaimed newshour.

"I'll give you a little tip. If you will watch Bret Baier tonight there will be an indication on when an announcement will be forthcoming," Huckabee teased, adding that he was asked by Fox to "come on and do it."

Huckabee has held his top rating in several political polls and is expected to do well in the early states, including the Iowa caucus.

He pledged to make Washington work again: "Bringing the art of governing and the understanding of how to govern. Never compromising your core values or principle, but recognizing that good government is not saying, 'I get everything I want all the time.'"

Huckabee expects to raise more money and faster than in 2008 when he was the runner-up to Arizona Sen. John McCain.

"Things will be different," he said of the 2016 race. Key among them: "There will be a lot more financial support."

Huckabee played up his years of experience as governor of Arkansas and how he worked with Democratic legislative majorities to get "90 percent" of his agenda passed. He also bragged on beating the vast Clinton machine in elections. Bill Clinton was a long-serving governor before Huckabee.

"Every race I ran was essentially against the Clinton political machine," he said, suggesting that he could defeat former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's machine too.

Huckabee, who recently authored the top-selling book God, Guns, Grits and Gravy, promised to look out for the poor and middle class and pay special attention to the middle of the country that politicians often fly over.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Huckabee Set to Announce 2016 Decision Tonight on Fox News
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 06:25:24 pm »
 :3:

Huckabee Set to Announce 2016 Decision Tonight on Fox News
by Andrew Kirell | 1:01 pm, April 17th, 2015

Is former Gov. Mike Huckabee running for president?

Well, let’s see. In January, he ended his self-titled Fox News program to consider a run (and to avoid any potential conflicts of interest should he decide to do so). And then on Friday morning, his spokesman announced that he will have a special “announcement” on tonight’s edition of Special Report:

J. Hogan Gidley @JHoganGidley
Follow

.@GovMikeHuckabee to reporters in DC: "If you watch @SpecialReport with @BretBaier tonight I'll make an announcement about my 2016 decision"

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/huckabee-set-to-announce-2016-decision-tonight-on-fox-news/

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 06:33:37 pm »
If their preferred GOP Presidential candidate were cooked up in a laboratory by Democrats, he would look and sound a lot like Mike Huckabee.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 06:56:25 pm »
If their preferred GOP Presidential candidate were cooked up in a laboratory by Democrats, he would look and sound a lot like Mike Huckabee.
:hands:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 07:06:14 pm »
Hasn't he been living the good life, in a mansion in Florida? Why would he want to give that up?

He can go back on Fox, strum his guitar a bit, and be a real smooth talker, which his preacher and politican years schooled him to do real good.

Right now the GOP has too many of these aspirants, for my taste. I think a few years back, when Buchanan and Palin proved the "former Presidential" gig was too lucrative, to pass up.

Since then it temps them, and they come in droves. Many but not all from the evangelical angle, which has a propensity to support corrupt persons of the cloth, etc.

I could see the Hucklebee announcing he is going back into the preaching BUSINESS, complete with mega church, television, jet airplane, mansion, etc.

Or will he pick the professional candidate gig?  He has polled relatively well so far. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 07:11:39 pm »
Hasn't he been living the good life, in a mansion in Florida? Why would he want to give that up?

He can go back on Fox, strum his guitar a bit, and be a real smooth talker, which his preacher and politican years schooled him to do real good.

Right now the GOP has too many of these aspirants, for my taste. I think a few years back, when Buchanan and Palin proved the "former Presidential" gig was too lucrative, to pass up.

Since then it temps them, and they come in droves. Many but not all from the evangelical angle, which has a propensity to support corrupt persons of the cloth, etc.
I could see the Hucklebee announcing he is going back into the preaching BUSINESS, complete with mega church, television, jet airplane, mansion, etc.

Or will he pick the professional candidate gig?  He has polled relatively well so far.

Absolute hogwash.

Evangelical Christians should never knowingly support corruption.

If they DO, then they're not actually Evangelical Christians.

That said, I really don't like the guy and hope he doesn't muck up the works by running.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 07:53:33 pm »
If Huckleberry announces his run we will have our first GOPe candidate.  Joy!  Why would he run?  He fared so well the last time.  :silly:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 08:08:40 pm »
Absolute hogwash.

That said, I really don't like the guy and hope he doesn't muck up the works by running.
What do you call all these rich evangelical televangelists, and their watchers and donors, if not evangelical?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 08:09:57 pm »
What do you call all these rich evangelical televangelists, and their watchers and donors, if not evangelical?

Predators and prey.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 08:32:50 pm »
He is the main reason i stopped watching FOX news years ago. His show.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 08:40:20 pm »
Must be the water in Arkansas that produces less than honorable politicians.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 08:51:25 pm »
Predators and prey.

....the chase done in plain view and carried out under the protections of the first amendment.

As loathsome as that is, I'd rather have the First Amendment than not.

Imagine Obama sans first amendment?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 09:02:30 pm »

Phonies, liars, charlatans.  No different, nor more "Christian" than Al Sharpton.

But your point was that Evangelical Christians knowingly support corruption.

And that............ is hogwash.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 09:16:49 pm »
Predators and prey.

Good description.

Of both.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 09:35:12 pm »
Well, there goes Iowa.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 10:49:14 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/239296-huckabee-will-make-2016-announcement-on-may-5

April 17, 2015, 06:11 pm
Huckabee will make presidential decision on May 5

By David McCabe

April 17, 2015, 06:11 pm
Huckabee will make presidential decision on May 5

By David McCabe

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee will announce whether he is running for president on May 5, the Republican said Friday night.

He said on Fox News’s "Special Report with Bret Baier" that the announcement would take place in his hometown of Hope, Ark.

Baier called the choice of location "kind of ironic." The town is also the birthplace of former President Bill Clinton, whose wife, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, is the frontrunner for Democrats.

"I think it's symbolic," Huckabee responded. "This is the town that I grew up in. It's a small town. It's like so many places in America."

"The old high school I went to is still there, a lot of great memories," he added.

Huckabee also said earlier Friday that he had formed an exploratory committee for president. In 2008, his announcement that he'd taken the same steps came on NBC's "Meet the Press."

If the former Baptist minister, who finished second in 2008, runs, he will compete against Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and others for the votes of evangelical Christians. Cruz announced his candidacy in March with a speech at the Liberty University, which was founded by the Rev. Jerry Falwell.

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, the 2012 runner-up, could also make a play for religious conservatives if he chooses to run again for the nomination.

As the election has gotten closer, Huckabee has made news for his socially conservative positions.

Since January, he has said that “a gun will work better than my bare hands, a baseball bat or polite conversation, I’d use the gun,” that everything President Obama does “against what Christians stand for” and supported Indiana’s controversial “religious freedom” bill.

But he is viewed skeptically by some fiscally conservative groups. When he indicated he might be getting into the 2016 race, the Club for Growth said that his “big government record would stand out from the crowd, and not in a good way.”

They previously attacked him in 2008 for what they said was his support for higher taxes, and attacked him when, as governor, he signed into law a minimum wage increase.

Huckabee passed on the 2012 race and continued his career as a host on Fox News. He left his contract at the network earlier this year so that he could consider a presidential run.

Some observers have said that he might have a harder path to the nomination this time around. Still, he told Baier that his path to the nomination was not contingent on winning in Iowa, the state that delivered a surprise caucus victory for him when he ran in 2008.

“We know that Iowa is going to be an important part of that path," he said. "There’s going to be an expectation that I will do well there. I don’t know, nor would I declare ‘I’ve got to win Iowa or I can’t go forward.’ I think that would be a little absurd because I don’t think it’s all based on one state. But clearly, coming out of Iowa with momentum is important."
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:49:41 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 11:22:57 pm »
Absolute hogwash.

You know, that's a textbook example of the "No True Scotsman" logical fallacy, a fallacy of ambiguity.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:23:15 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 11:28:50 pm »
Depends on the meaning of the words "evangelical Christians." I suspect that meaning is not the same for all of us. There is no "Scotsman fallacy" if our words don't have the same meaning. Some might call it the No true Scotsman Fallacy Fallacy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2015, 11:37:11 am »
You know, that's a textbook example of the "No True Scotsman" logical fallacy, a fallacy of ambiguity.

If it helps you understand what I said, Luis, then remove the 'evangelical' and just use the actual definition of "Christian"..... Christ-follower; one who believes that Jesus is part of the Godhead, came to earth as a human, lived, died a cruel death on the cross, rose again on the third day, and ascended to heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father; one who is saved by the grace of God, one who believes what Jesus taught, one who seeks to follow those teachings, and live his or her life for Him.

Then take what t_s said about those same people willingly following corrupt televangelists, knowing they are corrupt and supporting them anyway.

Does it fit?  Do people who follow Biblical law support those who bilk innocents out of millions of dollars to amass personal fortunes?  Are those who play the Elmer Gantry role followers of Jesus Christ?  Really?

If one starts with the position that Christians are phonies and bad people (i.e. not really Christian by definition), perhaps you may draw that conclusion, but if one finds out what following Christ means and apply those principles to the situation, one cannot come up with the indictment of evangelical Christians further up the page.

There's no 'logical fallacy' here.  None at all.

The smear of Christians given above is hogwash.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 11:38:11 am by musiclady »

Offline evadR

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2015, 12:32:44 pm »
"... those who bilk innocents out of millions of dollars to amass personal fortunes? "

Those people and the people that follow them are more ignorant and dangerous than LIVs and illegals.

They are in no way a part of Christianity.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2015, 12:46:21 pm »
Depends on the meaning of the words "evangelical Christians." I suspect that meaning is not the same for all of us. There is no "Scotsman fallacy" if our words don't have the same meaning. Some might call it the No true Scotsman Fallacy Fallacy.

Oh, that's a GOOD article, mountaineer!  Thanks!

It further refutes Luis' attempt to turn a valid argument into some sort of imaginary internet fallacy.

(I should have read it before I posted, I suppose, but it provided reinforcement for me after I responded logically to Luis' phony charge).

Oceander

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2015, 12:55:30 pm »
And the clowns start coming out of that tiny little car.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2015, 01:05:06 pm »
If it helps you understand what I said, Luis, then remove the 'evangelical' and just use the actual definition of "Christian"..... Christ-follower; one who believes that Jesus is part of the Godhead, came to earth as a human, lived, died a cruel death on the cross, rose again on the third day, and ascended to heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father; one who is saved by the grace of God, one who believes what Jesus taught, one who seeks to follow those teachings, and live his or her life for Him.

Then take what t_s said about those same people willingly following corrupt televangelists, knowing they are corrupt and supporting them anyway.

Does it fit?  Do people who follow Biblical law support those who bilk innocents out of millions of dollars to amass personal fortunes?  Are those who play the Elmer Gantry role followers of Jesus Christ?  Really?

If one starts with the position that Christians are phonies and bad people (i.e. not really Christian by definition), perhaps you may draw that conclusion, but if one finds out what following Christ means and apply those principles to the situation, one cannot come up with the indictment of evangelical Christians further up the page.

There's no 'logical fallacy' here.  None at all.

The smear of Christians given above is hogwash.

LOL.

It's the "No True Scotsman" fallacy alright.

Carry on.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 01:22:47 pm »
Mike Huckabee is in this race for one reason ans one reason only: to drain votes from Ted Cruz, Rick Perry or any other conservative who might catch fire with the SoCons in Iowa.  And he will be paid very handsomely to do it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 01:34:10 pm »
LOL.

It's the "No True Scotsman" fallacy alright.

Carry on.

Is that all you have to say, Luis?

Good.

Then, somewhere inside you know I'm right, and there's no imaginary 'fallacy' involved here.  It's a phony internet argument.

Thanks for the morning cheer!