Author Topic: Fiorina set to run, says she'd take Clinton's all-women pitch away  (Read 931 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fiorina-set-to-run-says-shed-take-clintons-all-women-pitch-away/article/2563138

Fiorina set to run, says she'd take Clinton's all-women pitch away
By Paul Bedard | April 16, 2015 | 11:41 am

Republican Carly Fiorina took a step closer to running for president, revealing Thursday that she is near a decision while blasting Hillary Clinton's policies as "crushing the middle class."

"I am giving serious consideration to becoming a candidate for the presidency because I think our nation is at a pivotal point," said the former Hewlett-Packard and one-time California Senate candidate. "I think our government has grown so large, so powerful, so costly, so complex, so corrupt in fact that we are crushing the potential for the nation," she added.

Laying out her platform to reporters at a breakfast roundtable sponsored by theChristian Science Monitor, she slammed domestic and foreign policies under President Obama and Clinton, decrying a "web of dependence" that's trapped the poor while making others poor by destroying small businesses with regulations.

She also used the hour-long session to challenge Clinton on policies and women's issues.

Fiorina, who has advised past GOP nominees and runs the group Unlocking Potential, said that Clinton is desperate for issues and is grabbing populist themes cheered by people Democrats like more, including Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren.

"Hillary Clinton of course is channelling the populist fervor of an Elizabeth Warren. Every single policy that this administration has pursued has made it harder for the middle class," she said, adding that Clinton's "policies are crushing the middle class."

She also rapped the Democrat's recent attack on CEO pay. "I find the selective outrage of the left kind of interesting. They don't seem to be outraged by the salaries that movie stars make. They don't seem to be outraged by the salaries that sports stars make. They don't seem to be outraged by a lot of salaries except for CEOs," she said.

While she ranks low in GOP presidential polling, Fiorina said that her nomination would undercut much of Clinton's pitch to voters.

"If Hillary Clinton were to face a female nominee, there are a whole set of things that she won't be able to talk about. She won't be able to talk about being the first woman president. She won't be able to talk about a war on women without being challenged. She won't be able to play the gender card.

"So what she will have to run on his her track record, her accomplishments, her candor and trustworthiness and her policies," said Fiorina with a smile.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Fiorina set to run, says she'd take Clinton's all-women pitch away
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 04:03:26 pm »
She is a libertarian leaning conservative.  We have much better.  Besides, I don't think she's going to be able to raise the money that is going to be needed to beat Hillary's billions.  She will be good for knocking her down a few pegs.  It's beginning to look like a Republican sweep ... as long as we run a conservative AND provided that this country makes it to another election.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 05:15:18 pm »
Whoever wins the the GOP nomination, Carly Fiorina will be picked for the second rung of the ticket. Mark my words.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 11:06:29 pm »
Whoever wins the the GOP nomination, Carly Fiorina will be picked for the second rung of the ticket. Mark my words.

I certainly hope not.  She has very little political experience and she is a moderate.  The GOP has better qualified and more conservative females to chose from; Ayotte, Martinez and Haley.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 11:17:53 pm »
At least she knows the difference between gross and net and doesn't have the propensity to cry in front of the cameras. She is a bit moderate for my tastes but right now, with the exception of a couple, I wouldn't complain if she got the nomination. She would debate circles around Hilldog.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 11:19:52 pm »
I certainly hope not.  She has very little political experience and she is a moderate.  The GOP has better qualified and more conservative females to chose from; Ayotte, Martinez and Haley.

I know it's still early but, Fiorina is the one that's going for it. Those others have not declared, have they? In any event, Fiorina has been espousing conservative principles at every venue. What makes you say she's a moderate?

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 02:00:47 am »
I know it's still early but, Fiorina is the one that's going for it. Those others have not declared, have they? In any event, Fiorina has been espousing conservative principles at every venue. What makes you say she's a moderate?
Worker for and supported McCain In His last election. Nuff said,