Author Topic: Axelrod: Hillary needs to focus on humility  (Read 455 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Axelrod: Hillary needs to focus on humility
« on: April 15, 2015, 01:52:58 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/238875-david-axelrod-says-hillary-needs-to-focus-on-humility

April 15, 2015, 07:43 am
Axelrod: Hillary needs to focus on humility

By David McCabe

David Axelrod, a former adviser to President Clinton, said Hillary Clinton needs to focus on “humility” as she campaigns for the presidency.

"Humility is the order of the day," he told the Des Moines Register. "In 2007, her campaign was this juggernaut of inevitability and it was a top-down experience. Voters don't like to be told that their decision is predetermined.”

"After she lost the Iowa caucuses in 2008, she threw caution off and her vulnerabilities were more obvious and her sense of identification with people's struggles was more obvious and I think she was a much more effective candidate," he said. "The candidate you see in Iowa today is much closer to that candidate, and I think that's authentically who she is."

Clinton spent Tuesday at her first campaign events in the early-caucus state. Her campaign has focused on small events in an effort to help Clinton connect with voters on a closer level.

Her campaign is not expected to have a formal kickoff until next month, and on Tuesday she appeared at a community college — where she spoke with students at a roundtable.

On the Republican side, Axelrod called Jeb Bush the "likely nominee" but said that nothing was certain.

"I think it's the most unpredictable Republican race that I've seen in a long time," he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34