Author Topic: CNN Host To Rubio On Gay Marriage: 'You're The Candidate Of Yesterday'  (Read 668 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rubio-gay-marriage-cnn

ByCaitlin MacNealPublishedApril 15, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT

CNN host Jake Tapper asked presidential candidate Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) how he can appeal to younger voters and oppose legalizing same-sex marriage.

"You are casting yourself as a candidate of a new generation. But there is an issue where you are very out of step with younger voters, even younger Republican voters," Tapper said to Rubio on "The Lead," noting that a majority of young Republicans support gay marriage. "On that issue, same-sex marriage, senator, you're the candidate of yesterday."

Rubio said that he believes states should determine whether to legalize same-sex marriage "since marriage laws have always been defined by the states."

The senator added that some Americans still oppose gay marriage.

"I think there's still a significant number of Americans that believe that the definition of marriage should be that of one man and one woman, as it has been for thousands of years," Rubio said.

"But they are a minority," Tapper jumped in to say.

"Well, they're a large minority," Rubio responded. "In essence, there are still parts of this country that believe that way."

Watch part of the interview below via CNN. Tapper asks Rubio about gay marriage at the 2:40 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRQaU9y2MLQ
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

"But they are a minority," Tapper jumped in to say.

Democracy in action.

The tyranny of the majority...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I appreciate Rubio holding strong to his stance on this.  I agree that the issue should be left to the states, and frankly, I think gov't should get out of it altogether.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!