Author Topic: Lynching 1 white cop won't save 1 black life  (Read 397 times)

rangerrebew

Lynching 1 white cop won't save 1 black life
« on: April 13, 2015, 08:39:51 pm »

Lynching 1 white cop won't save 1 black life

Exclusive: Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson blasts 'rush to judgment' before knowing facts

Published: 1 day ago

The Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson is the founder and president of two dynamic organizations: BOND (Brotherhood Organization Of A New Destiny), a national 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization dedicated to "Rebuilding the Family by Rebuilding the Man," and BOND Action, a 501(c) (4) organization whose purpose is to educate, motivate and rally Americans – especially black Americans – to greater involvement in the moral, cultural and political issues that threaten our great country. In 2011, Jesse founded The South Central L.A. Tea Party. He's a media commentator and also hosts "The Jesse Lee Peterson Radio Show" M-F, 6-9 a.m. Pacific, 9-Noon Eastern (weekend show airs every Saturday on AM 870 "The Answer," 2-3 p.m. PST/5-6 p.m. EST), and is the author of "SCAM: How the Black Leadership Exploits Black America." For more information, visit www.bondinfo.org or www.bondaction.org. Also, check out the BOND LEADERSHIP ACADEMY, a school for boys and girls grades 1-12 at www.bondleadershipacademy.org.   

“No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime … nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law …” – Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

The video of a black man being shot in the back while fleeing from a white South Carolina police officer is shocking. If the officer is found to be guilty of a crime, he should be punished.

But just as shocking is the lynch mob trying to string up this white officer before all the facts are in.

Most blacks believe that white cops are racist, and they see this case an opportunity to unleash their revenge. And guilt-ridden whites, including some conservatives, are eager to prove that they’re not racists by sacrificing this officer.

Here’s what we know: North Charleston, South Carolina, police officer Michael Slager stopped Walter Scott for a broken taillight. Scott got out and took off running. A video shot later shows a possible struggle, and Scott is seen running away again as the officer shoots him in the back. Walter Scott had a bench warrant, and some are speculating that’s why he ran. Others suspect he Tased the officer before he was shot.

The video looks bad, but everyone, including this officer, deserves due process. We shouldn’t rush to judgment before we have the facts. The circumstances surrounding the shooting could impact – for instance – the severity of any charge, or any punishment meted out if a verdict were to go against the officer.

I appeared on Sean Hannity’s TV show to discuss this explosive case. Leo Terrell, a black civil rights attorney, was also on opposing me.

During the segment, Sean said, “There was no risk to the cop, and you don’t shoot an innocent man in the back eight times!” I made it clear that I was not justifying the officer’s actions, but we need to get all the information before jumping to conclusions.

Meanwhile, Terrell kept interrupting and finally erupted: “For you to come on this show as a black man and somehow justify this shooting … You are an embarrassment to the world right now.” Terrell then ripped off his earpiece and stormed off the show.

The “Hannity” debate has gone viral, and I’ve received truckloads of responses about what transpired on the show.

Here are some of the reactions:

“Uncle Tom!!! May you burn in hell for being an Oreo! Placate the white man while putting down your own people.” – LaCurtis S.

“The coonery you represented on the Hannity Show tonight is beyond unbelievable. I hope it was a sick joke. Any person, especially [a] person of color working for or with [this] guy should question their own sanity. – Lamont E.

I know that most black liberals have been brainwashed by their “leaders” to think that cops – especially white cops – are the enemy, so I wasn’t surprised by their reaction. But I did expect black Christians to be more open minded.

I was on a Sirius XM radio show hosted by a black conservative and, to my surprise, this host and all of his callers believe the officer is guilty of murder. They actually said he doesn’t deserve due process. I was stunned! They claim to be Christians, but they have no compassion. The cries for “justice” coming from blacks are motivated by a desire for revenge.

There are some who recognize the overreaction to prematurely condemn the officer:

“I appreciated Rev. Peterson’s comments on Hannity. He was certainly NOT an ‘embarrassment to the whole world’ but quite the opposite. I was very pleased with the reverend’s wait and see and innocent until proven guilty … Thank you for being the voice of reason.” – Mary C.

“I believe you are absolutely right to not jump to conclusions, video or not … I wonder if Mr. Terrell would have behaved that way if the races had been reversed. Maybe then he would have wanted all the facts to come out! – S.J.

“You are the first person I have heard speak up for due process in the case of the unfortunate South Carolina police shooting … I appreciate that you did not make this a race issue.” – K.C.

Some people are calling for body cameras on cops. We don’t need cameras on cops, we need cameras on thugs!

According to a 2010 Bureau of Justice Statistics report, black offenders – not cops – killed 93 percent of black homicide victims. I challenge any black leader to join me in calling for cameras to expose black criminals.

I’m working with a family in South Central Los Angeles whose home has been burglarized by gang members. They know the thugs who did it, but they won’t report the crime for fear of retribution. Cameras would help deter these offenders.

Under our system, all are innocent until proven guilty. This case shows that many Americans today have lost the ability to be patient and wait for justice.

Luke 21:19 says: “In your patience possess ye your souls,” and I urge all Americans – particularly black Americans – to remember this admonition.

Check out Jesse Lee Peterson’s “The Word on the Street” video, “S. Carolina Shooting: If Walter Scott Didn’t Flee, Would He Be Alive Today?”:

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/04/lynching-1-white-cop-wont-save-1-black-life/#MOHFzRJqUK7TKYp2.99

Offline flowers

Re: Lynching 1 white cop won't save 1 black life
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 08:46:02 pm »
Sorry off topic......

I refuse to stand by while our democracy is trampled by politicians more concerned about amassing power than helping the people who sent them to Washington in the first place.

Senator John Kerry

Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build bridges even when there are no rivers.

Nikita Khrushchev

Since a politician never believes what he says, he is surprised when others believe him.

Charles De Gaulle

Those are great!