Author Topic: Biden kicked to the side, left to pitch donors for Obama  (Read 427 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden kicked to the side, left to pitch donors for Obama
« on: April 13, 2015, 05:44:47 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/biden-kicked-to-the-side-left-to-pitch-donors-for-obama/article/2562947

Biden kicked to the side, left to pitch donors for Obama
By Paul Bedard | April 13, 2015 | 12:33 pm

His boss has endorsed his rival, and now Vice President Joe Biden, sidelined by Hillary Clinton's presidential bid, is being tasked to raise money for President Obama.

In a Democratic Party fundraiser just dispatched, Biden said, "A lot of stuff is going to happen and a bunch of things will be said in the coming weeks and months — but one thing that cannot and will not change is the importance of all of us as Democrats sticking together and doing what we can to keep helping people live better, fuller lives. I know you're still proud to have the president's back, and if you're still in to keep fighting for every hardworking person in this country."

Biden has been toying with a presidential bid but said little about it in recent weeks as all focus has turned to his chief competitor, Clinton.

And Obama has talked Clinton up more than Biden, saying last week, "She was a formidable candidate in 2008. She was a great supporter of mine in the general election. She was an outstanding secretary of state. She is my friend."

He added, "I think she would be an excellent president."

Below is Biden's email:

People helping people, [name of recipient]: For my entire life, that's what Democrats have always stood for.

And for six years you and I, and Democrats all over have all stood with Barack Obama because we knew that, together, we could do big things. I can tell you with confidence that Barack is proud of what we've been able to accomplish because you were with him, and I am too.

Now, a lot of stuff is going to happen and a bunch of things will be said in the coming weeks and months -- but one thing that cannot and will not change is the importance of all of us as Democrats sticking together and doing what we can to keep helping people live better, fuller lives. I know you're still proud to have the President's back, and if you're still in to keep fighting for every hardworking person in this country, let us know right now by adding your name here:

http://my.democrats.org/Still-In-for-2015

The fight to move forward never endsThanks for letting us know you're in this for the long haul.

Joe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34