Author Topic: Man who shot himself dead on steps of Capitol was carrying 'Tax the 1%' sign  (Read 440 times)

Offline mrclose

I like this comment from the site the best: "There are more effective ways to get your point across." :silly:

A precautionary lockdown of the U.S. Capitol was lifted after about two hours Saturday following a suicide by a man carrying a sign demanding taxes for the '1%'.

The man died after shooting himself on the west front of the Capitol building just after 1 p.m., Capitol Police spokeswoman Kimberly Schneider said. No one else was hurt.

Capitol Police Chief Kim Dine said the man had a backpack and a rolling suitcase, triggering an hours-long lockdown, and a sign that said something about 'social justice.'

Man who shot himself dead on steps of Capitol was carrying 'Tax the 1%' sign | Daily Mail Online
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Oceander

"social justice" and "tax the 1%" - typical liberal/democrat cognitive dissonance.

Offline musiclady

A weird story just got weirder.....

How exactly does suicide on the steps of the Capitol encourage social justice??   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.