Author Topic: Historian David Starkey in astonishing attack on 'victim status' of Muslims, disabled people and other ethnic minorities - and says women are only of average intelligence  (Read 486 times)

rangerrebew

Historian David Starkey in astonishing attack on 'victim status' of Muslims, disabled people and other ethnic minorities - and says women are only of average intelligence
The presenter said disabled people should not be portrayed as victims
70-year-old also claimed fears of Islamophobia were victimising Muslims
Does not believe any politician is currently equipped to be prime minister

By Julian Robinson for MailOnline

Published: 04:16 EST, 11 April 2015  | Updated: 09:06 EST, 11 April 2015 

Historian David Starkey has launched an astonishing attack on the 'victim status' of ethnic minorities and disabled people - and says women are only of average intelligence.

The television presenter also gave his views on the current political class, claiming he did not believe any politician was equipped to be prime minister and the 'real talent has left politics'.

The outspoken 70-year-old said evidence suggested women tended to be of average intelligence, whereas men were either 'very, very bright or very thick', but denied he is sexist.

Scroll down for video

+2
Outspoken: Historian David Starkey (pictured) says ethnic minority groups and disabled people should not 'assume the status of victim'

In a wide-ranging interview with the Daily Telegraph, he hit out at Baroness Doreen Lawrence, the mother of race murder victim Stephen, for following what he claimed was the approach of US civil rights leaders after Martin Luther King's death by 'treating blacks as victims'.

He said: 'They espoused victimhood and violence. And I think to a dangerous extent that has happened in this country. With all the praise that's been lavished on Doreen Lawrence, she's constantly treating blacks as victims.

'All forms of liberation, and I speak as gay and I was in all this when it wasn't fashionable, when you didn't get your CBE for being a prominent poofter, when there were actual penalties for doing it - all of them depend upon you taking control. About you refusing to be a victim.

+2
David Starkey also hit out at Baroness Doreen Lawrence (pictured), for following what he claimed was the approach of US civil rights leaders after Martin Luther King's death by 'treating blacks as victims'

Mother of murdered Stephen Lawrence made a Baroness (related)

'And I find it very, very sad the sway there is now this perpetual procession of people - group after group - wanting to assume the status of victim. It's catastrophic.'

Starkey, who said he was 'born quite seriously disabled', added people with physical and mental disabilities should not be portrayed as victims.

And he claimed fears of Islamophobia were victimising Muslims, making them 'therefore somehow privileged and exempt'.

A recent poll showed many Muslims reported higher community tensions, with one in three saying they felt under greater suspicion in the last few years, while 44 per cent of non-Muslims reporting being more wary.

Read more: David Starkey: why Ed Miliband is 'poison' and David Cameron 'muddle-headed' - Telegraph

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3034720/Historian-David-Starkey-astonishing-attack-victim-status-Muslims-disabled-people-ethnic-minorities-says-women-average-intelligence.html#ixzz3X27MzRB8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Online mountaineer

Men also are of average intelligence. That's pretty much what average means - it all levels out.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

Men also are of average intelligence. That's pretty much what average means - it all levels out.

That's too subtle a point for a leftist to grasp.   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

Except in Lake Woebegone, where all the children are above average!