Author Topic: Huma Abedin’s job arrangement under Hillary investigated by State Dept. IG  (Read 1112 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/10/huma-abedin-hillary-clinton-aide-under-investigati/

The State Department’s inspector general has agreed to investigate the program that allowed former Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton to hire one of her key advisors, Huma Abedin, for government work even as she was also employed by a private firm, a senator revealed Friday.

Inspector General Steve A. Linick also said he wasn’t aware of Mrs. Clinton’s or Ms. Abedin’s use of a non-government email account to conduct official business, and said that’s generally been frowned upon at the department. He pointed to a 2012 report that instructed an embassy to stop using a commercial email system as evidence.

And Mr. Linick said he is looking into whether those employed as Special Government Employees — the designation Mrs. Clinton gave to Ms. Abedin — are following the law, and avoiding conflicts of interest.

“The OIG intends to examine the department’s SGE program to determine if it confirms to applicable legal and policy requirements,” Mr. Linick said in response to a request from Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles E. Grassley, Iowa Republican.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Linick better be a-watchin' his back, if ya know what I mean...  ;)

rangerrebew

- Washington Free Beacon - http://freebeacon.com -

State Department IG Investigating Huma Abedin’s Job Under Hillary Clinton

Posted By Alyssa Canobbio On April 10, 2015 @ 3:58 pm In Politics | No Comments

The State Department Inspector General is now investigating the arrangement between Huma Abedin and then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Inspector Steve Linick is looking into the program that allowed Clinton to hire Abedin for government work even though she was employed by a private firm.

In May 2013, the New York Times reported that Abedin never disclosed her earnings and the private consulting that she was conducting outside of the State Department while continuing to serve as Clinton’s top adviser.

Abedin worked for Teneo, which was founded by Doug Band, a former adviser to President Bill Clinton. The corporate client list for Teneo has included Coca-Cola and MF Global, the since-folded brokerage firm run by Jon S. Corzine.

While consulting for Teneo and serving as Clinton’s top adviser, Abedin served as a consultant for the Clinton Foundation. During Clinton’s transition from senator to Secretary of State, Abedin worked as her personal assistant.

Both Clinton and Abedin used a private email server and personal email addresses to communicate and conduct official business. Sen. Charles Grassley (R., Iowa) also raised a potential conflict of interest that both Clinton and Abedin had used a private email server.

Linick said he was unaware that they were doing this and referred to a 2012 report that instructed an embassy to stop using commercial emails. Clinton also designated Abedin as Special Government Employees (SGE) program.

“The OIG intends to examine the department’s SGE program to determine if it confirms to applicable legal and policy requirements,” Linick said in response to a request from Grassley.

Under the SGE program Abedin would be able to collect a government salary while also continuing to work for Teneo. Senator Grassley raised the question that in Abedin’s case she was already working for Clinton when she was converted to a SGE. The privilege of SGE is to be used entice someone in the private sector to split their time and for the government to tap someone with “special knowledge and skills.

Grassley wrote to Secretary of State John Kerry that it is unclear what special knowledge or skills that Abedin possessed that could not have been obtained from a regular government employee.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/politics/state-department-ig-investigating-huma-abedins-job-under-hillary-clinton/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=637883

Newsmax
IG Reviewing State Dept. Program That Let Abedin Work 2 Jobs
Saturday, April 11, 2015 11:52 AM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

The program that allowed longtime Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin to work for the secretary of state while holding a job with a private consulting firm will be reviewed by the State Department's inspector general, Sen. Chuck Grassley said.

The Iowa Republican, who had wanted Amedin's job status investigated for conflict of interest reasons, on Friday released a letter from Inspector General Steve Linick confirming the review would be conducted, reports Fox News.

Abedin worked for Clinton, while she was secretary of state, under a "Special Government Employee" status, drawing questions from Grassley and other critics.

“This program is meant to be used in a limited way to give the government special expertise it can’t get otherwise,” Grassley said Friday. “An inspector general review is necessary.
Available information suggests that in at least one case, the State Department gave the special status for employee convenience, not public benefit.”

The inspector general is also examining State's email practices after the revelations that Clinton used private email on a personal server while she was secretary of state.

Grassley is also questioning if Abedin's emails would also be available, as she used Clinton's private server for her communications as well.

The senator in 2013 requested Abedin's communications after she switched jobs from being Clinton's full-time deputy chief of staff to a part-time status when she started working for the politically-connected Teneo consulting firm.

"A number of conflict-of-interest concerns arise when a government employee is simultaneously being paid by a private company," Grassley said in a March 19 letter to Secretary of State John Kerry. He also raised concerns in his letter about Abedin and other employees being improperly categorized as special employees.

While officially, an individual may receive the SGE designation if he or she is joining from the private sector or another government, Abedin came from neither side, Grassley claims.

According to a July 2013 letter from State to Grassley, Abedin worked full time there from January 2009 to June 2012, and then was an SGE until February 2013 while advised on Clinton's travels and schedule, which she had also been doing full-time.

Further, she was allowed to work as a part-timer without having to obtain a new security clearance, the State Department said.

Abedin is married to former New York Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner, who resigned from office following a "sexting" scandal and later lost a bid to become mayor of New York City.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Mrs. Wiener's emails, gone too?  Is Mrs. Wiener now a campaign staffer?

I think the lesson Mrs. Clinton learned from Watergate, Lewinskygate, is that a politician can get away with just about anything.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

Mrs. Wiener's emails, gone too?  Is Mrs. Wiener now a campaign staffer?

I think the lesson Mrs. Clinton learned from Watergate, Lewinskygate, is that a politician can get away with just about anything.

Most likely.  I wouldn't be surprised at this point if Obuttocks wasn't running his emails through his own private server as well.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Most likely.  I wouldn't be surprised at this point if Obuttocks wasn't running his emails through his own private server as well.

Nonsense. The Worm never sends or receives emails. He finds out everything from the evening news.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Nonsense. The Worm never sends or receives emails. He finds out everything from the evening news.

Even though you are joking, you are more than likely exactly correct. I doubt very much that Obama would ever send an email because he does not want any written record of anything he says or thinks.

He only has to tell his Mommy ValJar, who will in turn tell some secretary, who will then tell some Department Head, who will then tell a secretary, and on and on.

By the time anyone can find an incriminating email, it will be dozens of levels removed from anyone of any importance.

They have caught on to the game, caught up with the times. I doubt anyone in government is sending any emails anymore. In fact, I doubt anyone is writing anything down at all that could possibly be traced in any way.

The central theme of Washington D.C. these days is evasion of responsibility and lack of traceability.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

I don't know, E.C.  It seems more likely anything he might email of a political nature would go through Valerie Jarrett.  That way his name never gets attached to anything controversial.  Being a person of color AND a female, the media would more be likely to lay in a horse stall for the rest of their lives and let the horse crap on them than say anything negative about her.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Somewhere along this road, it would be wise for Republicans to check if Dulles, Herter, Rogers, Kissinger, Schultz, Haig, Baker, Eagleburger, Powell, Rice etc. were ever simultaneously State Dept. employees, and private consultants.

I do NOT know the answer. I do know that charging off on some tear, like this often comes back to embarrass us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Secretaries_of_State_of_the_United_States
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln