Author Topic: O.C. judge's reduced sentence in child sex assault case sparks a public outcry, calls for him to step down  (Read 582 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/judge-657101-kelly-sentence.html

SANTA ANA – An Orange County Superior Court judge’s reduced sentence for a man who was convicted of sexually assaulting a 3-year-old girl has sparked public outrage, a petition and calls for the judge to step down.

Kevin Jonas Rojano-Nieto, 20, was convicted in December of sodomizing a 3-year-old relative and faced a mandatory minimum sentence of 25 years-to-life in prison. But in court on Friday, Judge M. Marc Kelly determined that the punishment in this case was unconstitutional and reduced the sentence to 10 years in prison.

Rojano-Nieto sexually assaulted the girl last year after she wandered into a Santa Ana garage where he was playing video games, prosecutors said. The assault came to light when the girl later complained of pain and her mother noticed that she was injured.

While the crime was “serious and despicable,” it does not compare to a situation where a pedophile preys on an innocent child, the judge said at the sentencing.

Offline PzLdr

How 'bout we give the judge the 15 he didn't give the defendant?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
If the penalty is "mandatory" then why can the judge do otherwise?

Pedophilia is not curable, not treatable. Once a pedo, always a pedo.

So this judge is effectively "sentencing" the perp's future victim.

I don't know if we have a judge recall process.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

If the penalty is "mandatory" then why can the judge do otherwise?

Pedophilia is not curable, not treatable. Once a pedo, always a pedo.

So this judge is effectively "sentencing" the perp's future victim.

I don't know if we have a judge recall process.

Maybe the judge is just taking the next logical step and wants to 'normalize' pedophilia.

It's only a matter of time.......
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:29:31 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.