Author Topic: Lincoln Chafee Considers Run For 2016 Democratic Presidential Nomination  (Read 617 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://ripr.org/post/lincoln-chafee-considers-run-2016-democratic-presidential-nomination

By Scott MacKay

Former Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee has announced that he is considering a campaign for the 2016 Democratic nomination for president.

The 62-year old former U.S. Senator and governor said in an interview that he wants to give Democratic voters a choice for president. ``The Republicans have lots of choices, I feel that Democratic voters deserve choices too.’’

Chafee said the launch of his exploratory committee will be made via videos posted on his website, Chafee2016.com

``Throughout my career, I exercised good judgment on a wide range of high-pressure decisions, decisions that require level-headedness and careful foresight,’’ said Chafee. ``Often these decisions came in the face of political adversity. During the next weeks and months I look forward to sharing with you my thoughts about the future of our great country.’’

Chafee said he doesn’t believe that Hillary Clinton’s candidacy will inevitably lead to her nomination, although he did say, ``I’m not naïve about the task ahead of me.’’

Chafee said he plans to spend the next few months in Iowa, the first caucus state, New Hampshire, which holds the kickoff presidential primary and ``other key battleground states.’’

A decision on whether to pursue a campaign, Chafee said, will hinge on the level of support he can generate over the next few weeks and months and on how well a web-based fund-raising effort goes.

Chafee said his focus will be on building a strong middle class coupled with environmental stewardship. Chafee, who voted against former President George W. Bush’s Iraq War, noted that Mrs. Clinton voted for it. He said he aims to send a clear message that ``unilateral military intervention has damaged American interests around the world.’’
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
He probably sees career, financial benefit for years for this move. He can get booking for television, write books, etc.

The Buchanan/Palin/Trump/RonPaul/Santorum/Huckabee model.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PzLdr

The former U.S Senator and Governor is also a former Republican. They seem to have missed that.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline aligncare

I love you, Lincoln. Don't ever change.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
If Arlen Specter were still alive, I'm sure he'd ask Lincoln, sarcastically, to tell him how that turns out.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024