Author Topic: White House: Republicans trying to 'undermine' Obama  (Read 677 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House: Republicans trying to 'undermine' Obama
« on: April 06, 2015, 11:56:08 pm »

By Brian Hughes | April 6, 2015 | 1:20 pm

The White House accused Republicans Monday of trying to undermine President Obama with their call for an up-or-down vote on any nuclear deal finalized with Iran.

"It's Republicans who have been most forceful in denouncing this agreement and those are the people I'm referring to when I say they're trying to use this vote as cover to just try to undermine the agreement," White House press secretary Josh Earnest said.

Last week, Obama hailed an "understanding" with Iran that would lift sanctions on Tehran in exchange for the Middle Eastern nation curbing its nuclear capabilities.

However, Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., is attempting to forge a veto-proof majority in the Senate on legislation that would allow lawmakers to have the final say on a deal with Iran.

The White House insists that such a bill could effectively kill the nuclear deal and is scrambling to convince Democrats to refrain from supporting the legislation as the administration attempts to finalize the arrangement by the June 30 deadline.

Corker has said he is near the 67 votes needed to override a presidential veto.

However, as the White House tried to halt congressional efforts to review the deal Monday, it acknowledged that lawmakers would have to ultimately lift sanctions for the Iran agreement to work.

"Congress will at some point have to vote to remove the sanctions that they put in place," Earnest said, noting that Obama could only ease sanctions in the short term. "That is not something the president can do unilaterally."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: White House: Republicans trying to 'undermine' Obama
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 11:59:24 pm »

If true it's about damned time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 12:39:19 am »
Like how the rats was trying to undermine Bush..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 01:10:22 am »
Also, I heard a nasty rumor that the Rams are consantly trying to undermine the Saints. They refuse to cross the aisle and just be nice, like they should.

Mean spirited.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 01:28:02 am »
White House:
[[ Republicans trying to 'undermine' Obama ]]

Really?

Actually, I wish the Republicans WOULD at least attempt to do just that!