Author Topic: Andrew Harrison drops explicit remark about Frank Kaminsky into live mic ("F... that N.....")  (Read 1873 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Andrew Harrison drops explicit remark about Frank Kaminsky into live mic ("F... that N.....")
Dane Carbaugh
April 5, 2015

Someone needs to teach Kentucky star Andrew Harrison what a live microphone is. Quick.

After the Wildcats had their perfect season ruined by Player of the Year Frank Kaminsky and Wisconsin, Kentucky had to face the music during a postgame podium appearance.

Harrison, while his teammate was being asked a question about Kaminsky's impact, muttered into what he thought was his hand.

Unfortunately, the microphone in front of him picked up exactly what he said.

Kentucky officials said after the game they had no comment but they would be speaking with Harrison about his comment.

WARNING: NSFW language ahead.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/A339EEC6F71196350350697897984_36155efeb32.2.1.837217218137803826.mp4?versionId=Ad0ANSbIGKWs7pzrKD8LLLd9AVU8ZUx1

Yikes. That's some serious language.

Probably going to get a talking to about that one. Or an FCC fine.

------

There are several Youtube links.  Just one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtoKhCX3qpE
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 01:48:21 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

Waiting for the outrage.  I'm sure Reverend Al will get around to this right after Easter services.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Went to three different links and I can't hear sh*t!     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

I don't do the youtube...which player was black? Which was white. could someone please tell me.

Online Lando Lincoln

Went to three different links and I can't hear sh*t!     :laugh:

Neither can I but all the mainstream sports media are reporting it, albeit in a toned-down manner. Harrison also tweeted apologies and said he called Kaminsky to apologize.

Flowers - Harrison is black UK player. Kaminsky is white UW player.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Neither can I but all the mainstream sports media are reporting it, albeit in a toned-down manner. Harrison also tweeted apologies and said he called Kaminsky to apologize.

Thanks buddy.  Thought it was the tinnitus getting worse.

At least I'm not hearing voices yet.    ^-^

Can you just imagine who this would play if it were Kaminsky being called to apoligize for referring to Harrison in that 'slang'?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Lando Lincoln

Kaminsky responds to Andrew Harrison's offensive remark 

Gracious, as one might expect.

This is exactly the correct reaction.  That said, we all know the outrage and reaction had the roles been reversed.  THAT is the problem.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 10:59:22 pm by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

John Steinbeck

Offline flowers

Thank you