Author Topic: Is Jeb Bush seriously running?  (Read 5390 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Is Jeb Bush seriously running?
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2015, 02:36:12 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2015, 02:03:24 am »
Yeah, talk is cheap I guess.  If you venture over to DU, you will learn that America truly wants a Warren/Sanders ticket, and many over there just won't vote for Hillary under any circumstances.  Here, only Ted Cruz can bring America together.  Perspective in the world of politics is an interesting thing.
I get the sense that this place is more Scott Walker territory than Cruz.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2015, 02:06:52 am »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2015, 02:07:51 am »
John Steinbeck

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2015, 11:57:10 am »
:beer:

:patriot:  happy Easter to you my friend and everyone here.   10294
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2015, 12:03:18 pm »
:patriot:  happy Easter to you my friend and everyone here.   10294

Indeed MAC, Happy Easter to you and everyone. Through it all, I suspect each of us have much in which to be grateful. 
John Steinbeck

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2015, 12:11:04 pm »
I get the sense that this place is more Scott Walker territory than Cruz.

I agree, as far as the consensus among members.  But the people who post a great deal are either GOPe or extreme conservative, and so that tends to skew people's perceptions.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2015, 01:25:24 pm »
I agree, as far as the consensus among members.  But the people who post a great deal are either Rhinocerotidae or extreme conservative, and so that tends to skew people's perceptions.

With all due respect, a couple of comments.  Extreme conservative is an oxymoron.  One quality of conservatism is its penchant for moderation and rejection of extremist philosophies.  As for rhinocerotidae...what is that term meant to describe?  I've seen it used here on other threads with obviously demeaning intent, but still don't know who or what it is.  :pondering:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2015, 02:07:46 pm »
With all due respect, a couple of comments.  Extreme conservative is an oxymoron.  One quality of conservatism is its penchant for moderation and rejection of extremist philosophies.  As for rhinocerotidae...what is that term meant to describe?  I've seen it used here on other threads with obviously demeaning intent, but still don't know who or what it is.  :pondering:

I actually typed a different term, a shortened version of GOP establishment, but apparently that term offends some people around here for some reason, so either some moderator changed it, or there is a macro that automatically changed it.  Rhinocerotidae simply refers to what I said, or the shortened version of the word rhinocerous.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:42:53 pm by massadvj »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2015, 02:27:54 pm »

It's a pejorative acronym used by self-agrandizing elitists to describe those they perceive has being of lesser political ideological purity.

But you knew that.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2015, 03:20:48 pm »
It's a pejorative acronym used by self-agrandizing elitists to describe those they perceive has being of lesser political ideological purity.

But you knew that.

To the extent it is new, I believe MAC was puzzled how the word Rhinocerotidae originated and what its purpose is.  I don't believe he was re-opening an earlier debate regarding R-I-N-O.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2015, 03:27:07 pm »
I find that the software will accept the plural, RINOs ... So just keep your comments plural and there should be no problem slandering whomever you wish ... ^-^

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2015, 03:28:38 pm »
I find that the software will accept the plural, RINOs ... So just keep your comments plural and there should be no problem slandering whomever you wish ... ^-^

Now, that's funny!

:silly:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 03:29:36 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2015, 03:31:00 pm »

There are always workarounds for the determined!
John Steinbeck

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2015, 03:40:04 pm »
To the extent it is new, I believe MAC was puzzled how the word Rhinocerotidae originated and what its purpose is.  I don't believe he was re-opening an earlier debate regarding R-I-N-O.

You're right, I hadn't seen it until recently.  If it's the same as the term you just posted, then ok, I follow though I still don't know why posters here have to toss about such simplisms to emphasize their animosity toward mainstream Republicans, but I guess it's acceptable.  Not sure using it advances any debates on the issues coming up next year.   

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2015, 03:45:12 pm »
You're right, I hadn't seen it until recently.  If it's the same as the term you just posted, then ok, I follow though I still don't know why posters here have to toss about such simplisms to emphasize their animosity toward mainstream Republicans, but I guess it's acceptable.  Not sure using it advances any debates on the issues coming up next year.   

:beer:

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2015, 03:49:55 pm »