Author Topic: The co-pilot of the Germanwings Airbus was a convert to Islam  (Read 7845 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: The co-pilot of the Germanwings Airbus was a convert to Islam
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2015, 02:28:15 pm »
Be careful of The Mirror, my friend. It is on the level of National Enquirer, with less fact checking.

Having said that, both things have been mentioned in other news articles, both the "Open the Damned door" and the rather coyly named "dark side of the internet."

Thanks man.  :beer: I somewhat knew that... but this one seems well constructed.  The NE will do it from time-to-time as well.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2015, 02:33:45 pm »
Having searched near and far throughout the internet, I have not discovered any reliable support for this story.

All radical Islamists are homicidal maniacs, but not all homicidal maniacs are Islamists.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 02:42:30 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2015, 02:38:31 pm »
Having searched near and far throughout the internet, I have not discover any reliable support for this story.

All radical Islamists are homicidal maniacs, but not all homicidal maniacs are Islamists.

I have done the same.  Nothing available as yet beyond this one source. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline olde north church

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2015, 03:04:13 pm »
Be careful of The Mirror, my friend. It is on the level of National Enquirer, with less fact checking.

Having said that, both things have been mentioned in other news articles, both the "Open the Damned door" and the rather coyly named "dark side of the internet."

I won't speak for The Mirror but the National Enquirer has broken many stories the pet MSM refuses to.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2015, 03:16:18 pm »
I won't speak for The Mirror but the National Enquirer has broken many stories the pet MSM refuses to.

True.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2015, 03:21:44 pm »

The Mirror has had some valid scoops (often obtained illegally), but you need to go with caution. After all, Piers Moron was Editor in chief for a fair number of years. He got ousted over the phone hacking scandal and decamped to your side of the pond to hide out - think there is still an arrest warrant out for him over here.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2015, 04:40:57 pm »
Just floating a plausible theory out here, perhaps the German media, like our own media, is basically a state-run mouthpiece?  When the National Enquirer broke the John Edwards mistress story, it took quite awhile before other outlets picked up on it.  Our media is very hesitant to report anything that would look bad on their beloved liberal politicians and I don't think anyone here would argue that isn't true. 

When the German media jumped so quickly on the "depression" theory, I knew there was a cover-up in the works and since the hospital treating Lubitz has since said that it wasn't depression they were treating him for - my mind starts thinking that depression was going to be the basis for the cover story - much like "workplace violence" was for the Fort Hood terror.  Maybe, only the fringe media is daring enough to report information that they uncovered themselves, that doesn't mirror the cover story the state pushes so frequently on us?

We know it happens all the time here.  Flying planes full of people to their deaths is a tactic used by radical islamic terrorists and that's not to say that someone could have another reason to do it - but there is certainly a good reason to think it. 

Now, it's a vision-related issue that's being floated, since the depression one didn't work.  Call me a conspiracist if you want, but I do tend to start thinking outside of the box from the get-go.  I question authority, it's part of my DNA.   :shrug:

Not saying this is what happened - just saying it is a reasonable possibility and should not be eliminated at this time. 

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:42:33 pm by alicewonders »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2015, 12:21:52 am »
Murder/suicide is generally a selfish act, whether one does it for 72 virgins or to go down in a blaze of "glory."  So long as the guy was not part of a larger conspiracy, I am not sure it much matters whether he was a Muslim or not.  Islam captures the imaginations of a lot of nut jobs, but not all of them.

If it didn't matter, the question of whether or not he attended a radical mosque in Bremen would be answered.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Oceander

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2015, 12:26:31 am »
This fails Occam's Razor.  There is more than sufficient evidence that this guy was a box of dynamite with a lighted fuse all in his very own skull without having to make this sort of stretch.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2015, 12:47:37 am »
This fails Occam's Razor.  There is more than sufficient evidence that this guy was a box of dynamite with a lighted fuse all in his very own skull without having to make this sort of stretch.

Yeah, cuz no muslim has ever deliberately flown a plane loaded with passengers to their deaths...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2015, 01:20:54 am »
+49 421 6100601

Knock yourself out.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2015, 01:40:12 am »
+49 421 6100601

Knock yourself out.

Are you suggesting that one of our members should call the Bremen Mosque and ask them if Lubitz was a member?

:chairbang:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!