Author Topic: The co-pilot of the Germanwings Airbus was a convert to Islam  (Read 7846 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The co-pilot of the Germanwings Airbus was a convert to Islam
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 05:34:15 pm »
It would seem to me that if this was indeed an intended act of terrorism of the islamic type, the co-pilot would have tried to maneuver the plane towards a populated area and crash it there, to inflict as much damage as possible in a public spectacle.

The fact that he chose to put it down in a remote area suggests to me that "the act" was of a more personal nature, more in line with extreme personal depression.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 05:57:01 pm »
Any conversion to Islam is a symptom not a cause.

Anyone who would be attracted to a pedophilic, woman hating, murderous, death cult has problems to begin with.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2015, 06:01:27 pm »
It would seem to me that if this was indeed an intended act of terrorism of the islamic type, the co-pilot would have tried to maneuver the plane towards a populated area and crash it there, to inflict as much damage as possible in a public spectacle.

The fact that he chose to put it down in a remote area suggests to me that "the act" was of a more personal nature, more in line with extreme personal depression.
Good point.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2015, 06:04:08 pm »

He had to crash it where the best opportunity presented itself.

It's not that he chose to put it down in a remote area, but that's perhaps where the plane was when the opportunity presented itself.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2015, 06:34:27 pm »
"As a radical mosque in Bremen is in the center of the investigation, in which the convert was staying often, it can be assumed that he - as Mohammed Atta, in the attack against New York - received his instructions directly from the immediate vicinity of the mosque."

Did he or did he not attend this radical mosque in Bremen?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 06:42:18 pm »

Dan, we'll have to wait until an investigative journalist digs into to the facts of this event before the truth emerges. There probably are a few bulldog journalists left in Europe.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2015, 06:52:45 pm »
Dan, we'll have to wait until an investigative journalist digs into to the facts of this event before the truth emerges.

I think that already happened, didn't it?

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 06:53:39 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 08:17:37 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3014920/Germanwings-pilot-killer-bought-two-Audis-one-one-girlfriend-weeks-ago.html

Germanwings pilot Andreas Lubitz bought two brand new cars several weeks ago and was going to give one of them to his girlfriend, it has been claimed.

Lubitz, 28, purchased the Audis from a dealership on the outskirts of Dusseldorf, near the apartment where he lived with his girlfriend.

One of the cars had been delivered last weekend, just three days before the tragedy.

Focus magazine said it was not known whether the car which was delivered last weekend was for Lubitz or his girlfriend.

However, despite the gift, German media claimed that Lubitz's relationship was in trouble and the couple may have split up.

This has been seen as a contributory factor to Tuesday's tragedy.

The woman, who has not been named, is understood to be staying with family while German investigators conduct a full forensic search of the property in Dusseldorf.

The couple lived in a smart top floor apartment on the outskirts of the city.

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2015, 08:27:12 pm »
where's he getting all this money?  Junior pilots in the USA make squat.  What was he making?
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2015, 08:44:16 pm »
where's he getting all this money?  Junior pilots in the USA make squat.  What was he making?

Just keep repeating... it's not connected to Islam... it's not connected to Islam...

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2015, 01:47:24 pm »
'I'm planning a heinous act that will be remembered forever': Killer pilot's ex-lover says he shared chilling prophecy before Alps crash and woke up from nightmares shouting 'We're going down'

Killer pilot Andreas Lubitz told an ex-lover he was planning an act so heinous his name would be remembered for ever, it was sensationally claimed last night.

Lubitz was a tormented, erratic man who was a master of hiding his darkest thoughts and would wake up from nightmares screaming ‘we’re going down’, the former partner said.

The 26-year-old Germanwings stewardess, known only as Maria W, revealed to a German newspaper how Lubitz ominously told her last year: ‘One day I will do something that will change the whole system, and then all will know my name and remember it.’

When she heard about the crash of Germanwings Flight 4U9525 on Tuesday, she remembered Lubitz’s menacing prophecy. ‘I never knew what he meant, but now it makes sense,’ she told Bild.

More at link
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 01:56:38 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

rangerrebew

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2015, 02:04:38 pm »
Friday, March 27, 2015

German media: Germanwings co-pilot did it for Allah

German media is confirming that Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Gunter Lubitz had converted to Islam. Lubitz was the co-pilot of the Germanwings Airbus A-320 who deliberately flew the plane into a mountain in the French Alps on Tuesday killing all 150 people on board, after locking the pilot out of the cockpit cabin.

A German news website claims Andreas Lubitz was a Muslim convert.
Speisa.com reported:

According to Michael Mannheimer, a writer for German PI-News, Germany now has its own 9/11, thanks to the convert to Islam, Andreas Lubitz.
 Translation from German:

All evidence indicates that the copilot of Airbus machine in his six-months break during his training as a pilot in Germanwings, converted to Islam and subsequently either by the order of “radical”, ie. devout Muslims , or received the order from the book of terror, the Quran, on his own accord decided to carry out this mass murder. As a radical mosque in Bremen is in the center of the investigation, in which the convert was staying often, it can be assumed that he – as Mohammed Atta, in the attack against New York – received his instructions directly from the immediate vicinity of the mosque.
Converts are the most important weapon of Islam. Because their resume do not suggests that they often are particularly violent Muslims. Thus Germany now has its own 9/11, but in a reduced form. And so it is clear that Islam is a terrorist organization that are in accordance with §129a of the Criminal Code to prohibit it and to investigate its followers. But nothing will happen. One can bet that the apologists (media, politics, “Islamic Scholars”) will agree to assign this an act of a “mentally unstable” man, and you can bet that now, once again the mantra of how supposedly peaceful Islam is will continue. And worse still, the attacks by the left against those who have always warned against Islam, will be angrier and merciless.

Apparently from the comments at German PI – Andreas Lubitz was Muslim convert from his Facebook page.Of course, in much of the West it remains politically incorrect to mention these facts. And  there is little hope that the airlines will screen their pilots for religious beliefs. Until they get hit with a huge lawsuit because they should have known something like this.

In the meantime, airlines in Europe are quickly aligning themselves with US practice and not allowing a single pilot to be alone in the cockpit.

Airlines are changing procedures to ensure two crew are in the cockpit at all times following the Germanwings tragedy that killed 150 people.

Now budget carrier EasyJet has announced the move will come into force tomorrow - and aviation insiders say there are moves to make it 'mandatory' across airlines.

The move comes after the Civil Aviation Authority urged airlines to review their policies to avoid the pilot or co-pilot being alone at the controls.

An easyJet spokeswoman said: 'easyJet can confirm that, with effect from Friday 27 March, it will change its procedure which will mean that two crew members will be in the cockpit at all times.

'This decision has been taken in consultation with the Civil Aviation Authority. The safety and security and of its passengers and crew is the airline's highest priority.'

EasyJet said a cabin crew member will temporarily enter the cockpit if the pilot or co-pilot needs the toilet. The airline will not have a third trained pilot on board.

And a spokesman for Virgin Atlantic said: 'We always ensure we have the highest safety standards and, while it is our common practise to have two members of our crew in the flight deck at all times, in light of recent events we are now in the process of formalising this to be policy.'
So now commercial air travel will be safe so long as both pilots are not Muslims... and so long as a flight attendant is willing and able to overpower a suicidal pilot.

What could go wrong?

http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2015/03/german-media-germanwings-co-pilot-did.html
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 02:05:24 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2015, 02:23:03 pm »
Not that I know what it is anymore but I'd like to see this reported in other credible media.
John Steinbeck

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2015, 03:22:46 pm »
Not that I know what it is anymore but I'd like to see this reported in other credible media.

Credible media would be knocking on the door of this 'radical mosque' in Bremen to find out if Lubitz attended there...

Offline evadR

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2015, 04:37:12 pm »

Credible media would be knocking on the door of this 'radical mosque' in Bremen to find out if Lubitz attended there...

I really don't think this fits the agenda and bias of the "credible media".

I mean, how long did it take the "credible media" to report anything even slightly accurate about Benghazi?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:43:03 pm by evadR² »
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2015, 05:15:20 pm »
This is all from just one "source," one "Michael Mannheimer, a writer for German PI-News"

then repeated dozens of times, by mostly fringe media.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=Michael+Mannheimer%2C+a+writer+for+German+PI-News&oq=Michael+Mannheimer%2C+a+writer+for+German+PI-News&gs_l=hp.12...2260.2260.0.4732.2.2.0.0.0.0.83.155.2.2.0.msedr...0...1c..64.hp..2.0.0.0.diE_891upuY

Here is the English version, of PI News

http://www.pi-news.org/

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2015, 06:56:37 pm »
Crash pilot was psychiatric patient, planned big gesture(Reuters)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/28/us-france-crash-idUSKBN0MN11N20150328

"(Reuters) - The co-pilot suspected of deliberately crashing an airliner, killing 150 people, had told his girlfriend he was planning a spectacular gesture so "everyone will know my name", a German daily said on Saturday.

The Bild newspaper published an interview with a woman who said she had a relationship in 2014 with Andreas Lubitz, the man French prosecutors believe locked himself alone in the cockpit of the Germanwings Airbus on Tuesday and steered it into the French Alps, killing all on board.

"When I heard about the crash, I remembered a sentence... he said: 'One day I'll do something that will change the system, and then everyone will know my name and remember it'," said the woman, a flight attendant the paper gave the pseudonym of Maria W."

snip

No mention of him being homosexual or a muslim convert.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline evadR

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2015, 07:02:03 pm »
Just keep repeating... it's not connected to Islam... it's not connected to Islam...
Precisely.  Why can't we just move on?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2015, 07:24:30 pm »
"As a radical mosque in Bremen is in the center of the investigation, in which the convert was staying often, it can be assumed that he - as Mohammed Atta, in the attack against New York - received his instructions directly from the immediate vicinity of the mosque."

Offline olde north church

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2015, 12:50:51 am »
Unless you plan to do something about it personally, it's all chili farts.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2015, 12:35:48 pm »
The Germanwings pilot left for the bathroom and came back shouting 'open the d--- door'
AFP 
Raphaelle Logerot with Kate Millar in Berlin, AFP
37 minutes ago
Duesseldorf (Germany) (AFP) - The captain of a passenger jet that investigators believe was deliberately crashed into the French Alps, killing all 150 aboard, shouted at the co-pilot to "open the damn door" as he made desperate attempts to return to the locked cockpit, according to a German newspaper Sunday.

French officials say the plane's black box voice recorder indicates that Andreas Lubitz, 27, locked the captain out of the cockpit of the Germanwings jet and deliberately flew Flight 4U 9525 into a mountainside.

They believe that the more senior pilot tried desperately to reopen the door during the flight's eight-minute descent after he left to use the bathroom.

Germany's mass-circulation Bild on Sunday reported that data from the cockpit recorder showed that the captain shouted: "For God's sake, open the door", as passengers' screams could be heard in the background, moments before the fatal crash.

The pilot could then be heard trying to smash the door down with an axe, and then screaming to a silent Lubitz to "open the damn door".

Bild said that before leaving the cockpit the captain could be heard explaining to his colleague that he had not had time to go to the toilet before they left Barcelona.

German prosecutors believe Lubitz hid an illness from his airline but have not specified the ailment, and said he had apparently been written off sick on the day the Airbus crashed on its route from Barcelona to Duesseldorf.

As investigators race to build up a picture of Lubitz and any possible motives, media reports emerged saying he had suffered from vision problems, adding to earlier reports he was severely depressed.

Lubitz's ex-girlfriend, identified only as Maria W, told Bild Lubitz had told her: "One day I'm going to do something that will change the whole system, and everyone will know my name and remember."

"I never knew what he meant by that but now it makes sense," it quoted the "shocked" flight attendant as saying Saturday. ...
More at Business Insider
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2015, 12:50:56 pm »
Germanwings Pilot Andreas Lubitz Sought Treatment for Vision Problems Before Crash, Authorities Say
By MELISSA EDDY, NICHOLAS KULISH, NICOLA CLARK and JACK EWINGMARCH 28, 2015
New York Times

DÜSSELDORF, Germany — Andreas Lubitz, who was flying the Germanwings jetliner that slammed into a mountain in the French Alps on Tuesday, sought treatment for vision problems that may have jeopardized his ability to continue working as a pilot, two officials with knowledge of the investigation said Saturday.

The revelation of the possible trouble with his eyes added a new element to the emerging portrait of the 27-year-old German pilot, who the authorities say was also being treated for psychological issues and had hidden aspects of his medical condition from his employer. The police found antidepressants during a search of his apartment here on Thursday, an official said Saturday.

It is not clear how severe his eye problems were or how they might have been related to his psychological condition. One person with knowledge of the investigation said the authorities had not ruled out the possibility that the vision problem could have been psychosomatic.

More at link... http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/29/world/europe/pilot-andreas-lubitz-sought-treatment-for-vision-problems-before-germanwings-crash-authorities-say.html?_r=0
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2015, 01:35:27 pm »
Andreas Lubitz: Germanwings flight's last minutes revealed in chilling black box transcript
08:56, 29 March 2015 By Alex Wellman

Patrick Sondheimer is heard screaming to his co-pilot "Open the goddam door" as passengers scream in the background

From the article: “Germanwings killer Andreas Lubitz ‘trawled internet for suicide and sexual perversion websites”

More at link... http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/andreas-lubitz-germanwings-flights-last-5420683
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 01:36:50 pm by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2015, 01:47:34 pm »
Murder/suicide is generally a selfish act, whether one does it for 72 virgins or to go down in a blaze of "glory."  So long as the guy was not part of a larger conspiracy, I am not sure it much matters whether he was a Muslim or not.  Islam captures the imaginations of a lot of nut jobs, but not all of them.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2015, 01:49:14 pm »
Be careful of The Mirror, my friend. It is on the level of National Enquirer, with less fact checking.

Having said that, both things have been mentioned in other news articles, both the "Open the Damned door" and the rather coyly named "dark side of the internet."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink