Author Topic: Ted Cruz will now be getting his insurance through Obamacare.  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/24/politics/ted-cruz-obamacare/

The newly announced Republican presidential candidate told CNN's Dana Bash on Tuesday that he will sign up for health care coverage through the Affordable Care Act -- a law he has been on a crusade to kill.

"We'll be getting new health insurance and we'll presumably do it through my job with the Senate, and so we'll be on the federal exchange with millions of others on the federal exchange," Cruz said.

Asked whether he would accept the government contribution available to lawmakers and congressional staffers for their health care coverage through the ACA, Cruz said he will "follow the text of the law."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:17:02 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

Re: Ted Cruz will now be getting his insurance through Obamacare.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 07:44:12 pm »
Too bad it's not only those who voted FOR this wretched, unconstitutional law who have to live by it.......
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:44:55 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 07:52:09 pm »
Too bad it's not only those who voted FOR this wretched, unconstitutional law who have to live by it.......

He can get insurance privately and, with his wife's job, they can no doubt afford it.  This does look a little hypocritical on his part.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 07:53:22 pm »

I don't understand why he didn't get some form of private insurance over Obamacare.
-Socrates

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 08:21:19 pm »
He can get insurance privately and, with his wife's job, they can no doubt afford it.  This does look a little hypocritical on his part.

Oh, for God's sake. If he had done that, you'd be bitching about him being a hypocrite for not doing what Congressmen are otherwise obligated by law to do.

It's a smart move - he can now claim to know about how much Obamacare stinks on ice from first-hand experience.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Dexter

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 08:23:53 pm »

Oh, for God's sake. If he had done that, you'd be bitching about him being a hypocrite for not doing what Congressmen are otherwise obligated by law to do.

It's a smart move - he can now claim to know about how much Obamacare stinks on ice from first-hand experience.

Most voters are relatively uninformed and incapable of the critical thinking necessary to really understand an issue. Do you think him signing up for Obamacare is going to hurt him or help him overall?
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 08:25:40 pm »
I don't understand why he didn't get some form of private insurance over Obamacare.

His wife had real insurance, but gave her job up to campaign.

I too think it's a good move, however, for him to suffer under the WRETCHED law passed ONLY by the Dems, and bragged about by Obama.

He'll be able to tell horror stories about it with more authority.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 08:41:33 pm »
Most voters are relatively uninformed and incapable of the critical thinking necessary to really understand an issue. Do you think him signing up for Obamacare is going to hurt him or help him overall?

Although I largely (and sadly) agree with your proposition, I really don't think it will either help or hurt him, on balance.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Longiron

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 02:57:28 pm »

He is just following the law??? His employer is the FEDS and has to get HI through the Gov't approved exchanges. Refusing the subsidies is the key and he is not taking them. I think we will be hearing more about BarryCARE as he moves forward in his campaign?????. TC is way ahead of the curve and their is a reason he took BarryCare and not some other private plan. Time will tell! ^-^

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 02:59:20 pm »
His wife had real insurance, but gave her job up to campaign.

I too think it's a good move, however, for him to suffer under the WRETCHED law passed ONLY by the Dems, and bragged about by Obama.

He'll be able to tell horror stories about it with more authority.

BINGO!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 05:56:58 pm »

Perhaps you don't understand the scenario.  Ted Cruz is running for president.  His wife is leaving her job.  Therefore, by law, they have to have health insurance.  Nope, doesn't look hypocritical at all.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 06:05:29 pm »
Perhaps you don't understand the scenario.  Ted Cruz is running for president.  His wife is leaving her job.  Therefore, by law, they have to have health insurance.  Nope, doesn't look hypocritical at all.

And TC has a plan as to why he took BarryCare and it will unfold as the campaign moves along. JMO