Author Topic: Here are the odds of who will win in 2016  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Here are the odds of who will win in 2016
« on: March 25, 2015, 05:26:49 am »
http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-odds-of-who-will-win-in-2016-2015-3

Now that the first major candidate has made things official, the 2016 presidential race is in full effect.

Business Insider reached out to Paddy Power, Ireland's largest bookmaker, for their odds on the election. So far, Hillary Clinton is the overwhelming favorite.

According to spokesman Rory Scott, as of last Sunday evening, Paddy Power had taken over 5,000 individual bets on the election. In 2012, the company said over $3 million in bets were made on the election. They expect over $6 million in bets for this race. Overall, Scott predicted betting on the 2016 race will be a $100 million industry in the United Kingdom.

For the general election, Scott said Paddy Power derives the odds based on the prices for each candidate to be their party's nominee and that party's odds of winning. As of Sunday evening, Clinton was the favorite followed by several Republicans. Scott noted she received about 33% of the individual bets made on the race.

Check out Paddy Power's general election odds below.

2016 odds Business Insider

Paddy Power is also taking bets on each party's primary. As of Sunday evening, while Clinton was the overwhelming favorite to win the Democratic contest, the Republican field was much more wide open. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) is a slight favorite closely followed by Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R), and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio (R). According to Scott, many more people are betting on the GOP primary.

"This is where we’re seeing the majority of bets placed –the open field lends itself to a much more interesting betting market," Scott said of the Republican primary.

Scott described betting on the Democrats as "woefully slow," which he attributed to people "waiting" to decide whether Clinton will enter the race.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-odds-of-who-will-win-in-2016-2015-3

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Here are the odds of who will win in 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 02:04:44 pm »
Actually, I find this quite laughable.  The media decided along time ago that the election was going to be between Hillary and Jeb and that certainly hasn't changed.  According to this, looks like Hillary will be our next president and they are correct that there is no way a RINO is going to win against a DEM; they haven't in the past several election cycles and this one wouldn't be any different.  I for one believe that America will reject another Clinton or a Bush and that both parties are tired of their "establishment".  Warren for the DEMS and either Cruz, Walker or Paul for the GOP.

Not sure why they included Romney when he isn't even running and I find it interesting that they at least recognize that Walker has a chance and now place him over RINO Christie....simply amazing isn't it?  The media is going to have their knickers in a twist when either Cruz, Walker or Paul trounce over RINO.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 02:19:01 pm »
That chart is so completely worthless that I'm not even going to comment on it beyond saying that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 03:22:42 pm »
Rhinocerotidae.

What the hell is this?

It's crap like this that makes me visit here only occasionally.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 03:28:32 pm »
Rhinocerotidae.

What the hell is this?

Come on, sink, you're a big boy. I like it when you take on the opposition with a more moderate point of view. I'd hate to lose that. No one wants an echo chamber.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 03:40:03 pm »
The whole RINO thing might have some relevance if everyone could agree on what the Republican party actually stands for.  Judging from what I've seen the last fifteen years at least - they stand for ever-growing government at a smaller, and supposedly more responsible pace.  Looking at it from that perspective, I maintain that I am actually a RINO - registered as an (R) so that I can vote in primaries in my state. 

I don't think I'm the only one.

Personally, I think the term has become like the term "racist".  It has lost it's meaning due to overuse and basically, just like the term "racist" - when it makes an appearance in a debate - it signals a standstill in the debate.  Neither party is going to budge in their stance - debate is over - argument begins.

Any further participation in the ongoing engagement is thus a waste of time.

"La vie est trop courte"!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 03:51:04 pm »
That chart is so completely worthless that I'm not even going to comment on it beyond saying that!

Agreed. Worthless tripe
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 03:54:06 pm »
Man..the powers that be are sure pushing Hillary...6/5...yeah right! :thud:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 03:55:16 pm »
Rhinocerotidae.

What the hell is this?

Nancy edited the word filters to make it say that every time somebody says R.I.N.O.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 03:59:46 pm »
Nancy edited the word filters to make it say that every time somebody says R.I.N.O.

No I didn't..there are only a few censored words here and you can imagine what they are...

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 04:05:46 pm »
...hmm...my computer must by on auto pilot -- everytime I type R I N O  it comes out Rhinocerotidae.  Good grief, not meaning any harm whatsoever.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 04:06:42 pm »
The electorate has been remarkably consistent. They alternate between D, then R, and then back to D.

The masses are not known for long-term thinking. Generally, they just reach for the shiny object.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 04:12:46 pm »
No I didn't..there are only a few censored words here and you can imagine what they are...

How did that happen then? It had to have been an admin.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 04:14:44 pm »
How did that happen then? It had to have been an admin.

Well I take that back..after checking I see another Admin has done exactly that!
Support the USO

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 04:38:40 pm »
Well I take that back..after checking I see another Admin has done exactly that!

Really?
John Steinbeck

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 04:39:51 pm »
Agreed. Worthless tripe

Not totally worthless. Had a fiver doing not much so I put it on Cruz. The local bookies match Paddy Power's odds.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 05:23:15 pm »
Not totally worthless. Had a fiver doing not much so I put it on Cruz. The local bookies match Paddy Power's odds.

LOL!  :beer:
John Steinbeck

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 05:48:13 pm »
alice wrote above:
[[ The whole Rhinocerotidae thing might have some relevance if everyone could agree on what the Republican party actually stands for. ]]

Gosh Alice, that's easy.

The "Republican party" stands for THE STAUS QUO!

Cue in GourmetDan with his timeless quote!