Author Topic: 75K Sign Petition To Get Kanye Booted From British Festival  (Read 293 times)

rangerrebew

75K Sign Petition To Get Kanye Booted From British Festival
« on: March 21, 2015, 02:30:38 pm »

75K Sign Petition To Get Kanye Booted From British Festival

03.20.2015 | Matt Schuck | 3

Kanye West Haters Sign Petition to Remove Him From Festival

Kanye West has finally pissed off enough people that over 75,000 online users have signed a petition to remove him from headlining the Glastonbury Festival in England.

West is set to perform on June 27th at one of Britain’s biggest music festivals, and Glastonbury attendee Neil Lonsdale doesn’t want him to perform.

“Kanye West is an insult to music fans all over the world. We spend hundreds of pounds to attend glasto, and by doing so, expect a certain level of entertainment. Kanye has been very outspoken on his views on music…he should listen to his own advice and pass his headline slot on to someone deserving!” Londsdale wrote.

The festival has always been traditionally a rock, guitar-heavy show.

“I think a lot of people want to go to a festival, stand in a field, all come together, have a sing have a dance. And I think that Kanye and his music might not be that. It would be great to see Prince do a set. Oasis, or Blur, David Bowie would be a dream. A good solid performance, maybe Green Day. I’ve seen those a few times and they really know how to put on a show,” Lonsdale said talking to BBC.

It’s hard to tell if this petition will work out in the fans favor, but with a list of over 75,000 signatures, I assume that they at least HAVE to entertain the idea; especially considering that the number of people signing the petition is only continuing to grow.

In Kanye’s defense: 1) he’s married to Kim Kardashian, which, ipso facto, counts in his favor and 2) Foo Fighters and Lionel Richie are headlining the other two nights, so fans will still get their money’s worth.

Read more at http://dailysurge.com/2015/03/75k-sign-petition-to-get-kanye-booted-from-british-festival/

Offline GourmetDan

Re: 75K Sign Petition To Get Kanye Booted From British Festival
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 02:52:45 pm »
In Kanye’s defense: 1) he’s married to Kim Kardashian, which, ipso facto, counts in his favor...

Marrying a skank with a huge @.. is a positive?  Who knew...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan