Author Topic: Bipartisan Love  (Read 394 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Bipartisan Love
« on: March 20, 2015, 08:28:33 pm »
Boehner once again caves to the DEMS...such a RINO!

Bipartisan love: Boehner, Pelosi strike deal to kick 'doc fix'

Washington (CNN)Bipartisanship is not completely dead on Capitol Hill, as leaders of both parties in the House and the Senate announced Thursday they have a plan to advance a bill to permanently fix the reimbursement rate for Medicare physicians.

The deal was struck by House Speaker John Boehner and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi -- two leaders who have traditionally been at odds on big-ticket legislation...

...The bipartisan, bicameral bill seeks to end the cycle of annual 'Doc Fix' crises that have created uncertainty for millions of Medicare providers and beneficiaries for over a decade and also create a system that promotes higher quality care for America's seniors," a release from committee leaders in both parties stated.

Congress had repeatedly punted on this issue -- 17 times in total -- by using a temporary "patch" or "doc fix" but this year they negotiated a way to fix the formula so that significant cuts wouldn't hit health care providers....

...The emerging deal in the House also adds a two-year extension of a popular children's health care program to the "doc fix" bill. The program was set to expire at the end of the year.

When asked why he chose to cut a deal with the Democrats on the bill instead of running it by his own members, Boehner said, "I just think that there was an opportunity that presented itself to work in a bipartisan way to find the appropriate offsets, spending offsets."

"And the door opened, and I decided to walk in it. As simple as that," he said....

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/19/politics/boehner-pelosi-doc-fix-announcement/index.html

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.