Author Topic: She Was Raised By 2 Lesbians. What She Just Said About Them Destroys A Big Myth And Causes Controversy.  (Read 400 times)

rangerrebew

She Was Raised By 2 Lesbians. What She Just Said About Them Destroys A Big Myth And Causes Controversy.

"Many of us are too scared to speak up..."

A controversial book first published some 25 years ago — “Heather Has Two Mommies” — has just been reissued. As an article on Yahoo! Parenting notes, “Heather Has Two Mommies” was among the first such publications to present a favorable view of a family in which two lesbians raise a child; and it served as a rallying cry for many on the left who embrace and seek to mainstream such same-sex parenting.

“…it represented a startling first in children’s literature — a story about the daughter of lesbians — and in the years since, the book has inspired everything from political ire and library bans to feelings of overwhelming gratitude and belonging within other gay families.”

Now, coinciding with issuance of the new version of the first-ever lesbian-themed children’s book is an open letter written by a 31-year-old mother of four who says, “Do you remember that book, ‘Heather Has Two Mommies’? That was my life.”

Heather Barwick, who used to be an advocate for gay marriage when she was in her 20’s, says she has experienced a big change of heart. In her stunning letter, she says she missed out on having her father around while growing up.

The young woman declares that “children need a mother and father.”

Barwick’s open letter is published in full on the website The Federalist. While not at all hostile toward or resentful of her two female parents, Barwick reveals, “It’s only now, as I watch my children loving and being loved by their father each day, that I see the beauty and wisdom in traditional marriage and parenting.”

An article in The Daily Mail notes that Barwick came to the realization that same-sex marriage and child-rearing is not fair to the kids only after starting to attend church with her future husband. That’s when she claims her “father wound” began to heal.

‘It really wasn’t until I came to Christ that I felt that burden lifted off of me. And I’m not bitter. I’m not angry,’ she said. ‘I forgive my dad.’

And Heather Barwick says she’s willing to brave the probable ill feelings that will be directed toward her by advocates of same-sex marriage and parenting — willing to face the reaction on behalf of others like her — saying that there are many who have been afraid to speak up in favor of traditional families…afraid of the hate that could be directed their way.

Many of us are too scared to speak up and tell you about our hurt and pain, because for whatever reason it feels like you’re not listening. That you don’t want to hear.

If we say we are hurting because we were raised by same-sex parents, we are either ignored or labeled a hater.

You can read the entirety of Heather Barwick’s remarkable open letter to the gay community by going here.

h/t: The Daily Mail

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/woman-raised-lesbian-parents-just-said-destroys-liberal-gay-parenting-narrative/#5qlSUEMLYcEHjRkg.99

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I was 9 when my father died..two of my younger siblings don't remember him at all....I too missed all the father/daughter dances and breakfasts at my school..I missed him teaching me how to drive, helping with my homework and walking me down the aisle...My mother tried to compensate but it wasn't the same..I remember going shopping with my friends so they could buy their dads Father's Day gifts..I still cry when I think of all the things I missed...

This is why I firmly believe a child needs both a mom and dad.

Two mommies do not make up for a dad

Two dads do not make up for a mom

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Thanks for sharing that, myst.

That natural harmony that a man and a woman bring to a relationship is important and designed by nature.

Before the development of religious and state sanctioning of marriage humans formed bonded pairs and raised offspring with an instinctive division of labor (roles).