Author Topic: San Francisco 49ers Chris Borland Says He’s Retiring Over Head Trauma Concerns  (Read 682 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
AP via CBS Sacramento
March 16, 2015

Wary of head trauma, San Francisco 49ers linebacker Chris Borland is leaving football. And not even the promise of NFL stardom and piles of money could change his mind.

So now, after one stellar rookie season, he is retiring at age 24.
More

Good for him. For obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 01:36:12 am by Machiavelli »

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
If I had the skills for it I would retire from pro sports after 1 good contract. Give me 3 million dollars and you'll never see or hear from me again. Peace out!  13291
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
If I had the skills for it I would retire from pro sports after 1 good contract. Give me 3 million dollars and you'll never see or hear from me again. Peace out!  13291

He injured the same shoulder twice....in college and again, vs. the Seahawks in the playoffs.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
He injured the same shoulder twice....in college and again, vs. the Seahawks in the playoffs.

Definitely a brutal sport. I think I'd rather be a NASCAR driver.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates