Author Topic: The height of etiquette: Michelle Obama towers over Japanese emperor as she stumbles in silver stilettos while attempting awkward curtsey  (Read 12832 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Dexter, while I am quite certain we lie on different points of the political scale, I also want to give you some credit for the way you have held up.

Thank you Lando. You're all good people and I respect you despite any disagreements we may have.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:53:38 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Back to the topic at hand. Who is FLOTUS' protocol liaison?  The little details like ensuring she understood how to greet heads of state or setting her up for a photogenic meeting would be the most rudimentary of job duties.

Kind of like all the problems with the Secret Service, it seems the support staff just doesn't care. Peter Principle in the White House staff?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Alright, I just have to say it. Stop acting like she is grossly overweight; she's not, and it's really kind of petty to continually go there. Even if she was fat (which she isn't), so what? Attack her political positions, not her physical appearance. You're doing the right wing a serious disservice with this crap.
:beer:
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

Dex....just want you to know that even though I hold tremendous respect for MusicLady and her overall POV...that I tip my hat to you for your graciousness under fire.

Your use of the term "right wing" in that context seems totally appropriate and had no malice attached.

:beer:

It wasn't exactly what you would call 'withering fire,' DC. Not all that hard to 'hold up' under it.......  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GourmetDan

Peter Principle in the White House staff?

That or passive-aggressive behavior...     :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
aligncare wrote above:
[[ Dex, I think some folks still think you're a liberal troll. ]]

That's because he IS a troll, liberal or otherwise.
I generally skip right over his postings.
I thought about putting him on "ignore", but not quite yet.

Could Dex be "Liberal Spy", reincarnated?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Doesn't she have a fashion coordinator?  A protocol expert?  She can be tall and even a little wide, but she can look appropriate for the occasion. For goodness sake can't someone stop her from these types of photos?  It's so unnecessary.   **nononono*

Offline musiclady

Doesn't she have a fashion coordinator?  A protocol expert?  She can be tall and even a little wide, but she can look appropriate for the occasion. For goodness sake can't someone stop her from these types of photos?  It's so unnecessary.   **nononono*

It's almost as if someone wants her to look awful.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It's almost as if someone wants her to look awful.

Then they're doing one terrific job!   :smokin:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

You would think someone would have the sense to say..*you need to wear flats today*... :whistle:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It wasn't exactly what you would call 'withering fire,' DC. Not all that hard to 'hold up' under it.......  ^-^

LOL!

Just wanted Dex to know that I understood him and didn't see any insult. 

They use those terms (left and right wing) describing European politics all the time.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

LOL!

Just wanted Dex to know that I understood him and didn't see any insult. 

They use those terms (left and right wing) describing European politics all the time.

Yes, but in this context, the point needed to be made that the term "right wing" is used by the left as a pejorative against conservatives.

I'm sticking with that point.

Online DCPatriot

One would think that Michelle Obama, as First Lady of the USA would not to around meeting world leaders with bare legs and feet...in silver heels.  Disgusting.

And, IMO, those are NOT "stiletto" heels    :laugh:.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No not stilettos....I would call them pumps...I have a few that size.....my gosh she has a big foot...[no pun intended]

Stockings and pantyhose are out...bare legs in.....I solve that problem by either wearing long skirts or fancy dress slacks...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

GOP briefing room

aligncare wrote above:
[[ Dex, I think some folks still think you're a liberal troll. ]]

That's because he IS a troll, liberal or otherwise.
I generally skip right over his postings.
I thought about putting him on "ignore", but not quite yet.

Could Dex be "Liberal Spy", reincarnated?

Anyone to the left of Attila is a liberal to some of us here.

Except most of Dex's positions aren't that controversial. Some are, especially regarding the Middle East, but nothing a libertarian might not say.

So on the whole what has he said that's so disturbing?

People shouldn't make fun of appearances. True, we ought not to. My mother taught me that. That's his opinion. That's not a political or policy difference, just pointing out a good character trait cultured people should aspire to.

On the other hand, Dex. It's part of human nature to poke fun, and needle, and pick at scabs. Especially at the expense of a political foe who is such a lush target.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
No not stilettos....I would call them pumps...I have a few that size.....my gosh she has a big foot...[no pun intended]

Stockings and pantyhose are out...bare legs in.....I solve that problem by either wearing long skirts or fancy dress slacks...

Yep. The stilettos I have are higher and have a thinner heel. Pantyhose in or out, I would never be caught without it. But, that's just me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

Michelle Obama's Mirror, A Week of Humiliations: Reflections of Sista Silverheels (excerpt).
First - and worst – came BO’s humiliating loss to Bibi. No amount of money, sabotage, or fraud could pull the Israeli election out in Big Guy’s favor. ...

Then came Sista’ Silverheels’ humiliating stumble and near tumble into the arms of little Emperor Akihito:

I told her she should just take her traditional matcha green tea straight, butt I think she put a little “cream” in it anyway.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

One would think that Michelle Obama, as First Lady of the USA would not to around meeting world leaders with bare legs and feet...in silver heels.  Disgusting.

And, IMO, those are NOT "stiletto" heels    :laugh:.

Eeeek, you would think with all her money she could get a wax job. That's sand paper stubble going on there.

Online DCPatriot

Eeeek, you would think with all her money she could get a wax job. That's sand paper stubble going on there.

Exactly to what I was referring, AbaraXas!   Her shins and feet are disgusting.

Online mountaineer

The Bang a Gong Show: Far East Version

Don’t ask why. Just take my word for it: Lady M’s trip to Japan/Cambodia reminded me of this 70’s era glam-rock mega one-hit wonder from T. Rex.

"Get It On"

Well you're dirty and sweet
Clad in black
Don't look back

You're dirty and sweet oh yea
And I love you
You're dirty and sweet oh yea...

More "Bang a Gong" and photos at Michelle's Mirror
Yoga pants?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

The Obama's disprove the adage that you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear.