Author Topic: The height of etiquette: Michelle Obama towers over Japanese emperor as she stumbles in silver stilettos while attempting awkward curtsey  (Read 12844 times)

Offline GourmetDan

Go ahead and call us names. What's the point, Dex? Do you think by calling us stupid and childish you've persuaded anyone to love or respect Obama and his lovely but equally America-hating and graceless wife?

He's actually doing the same thing he allegedly despises, but that fact seems to escape him.

But hey, it's Dex...       :silly:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:26:39 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Never heard the term used disparagingly, have you?

Never heard the term used with the word "extremist" attached to it?

I just haven't seen that term used by many legitimate conservatives........  that's what the "issue" is.

I really don't care what you think about my political leaning. The term can be and is used in a way that is not disparaging. I regularly refer to the left and right wing in a way that is supposed to imply nothing more than what the definition is.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:30:05 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

Go ahead and call us names. What's the point, Dex? Do you think by calling us stupid and childish you've persuaded anyone to love or respect Obama and his lovely but equally America-hating and graceless wife?

I didn't call anybody here stupid. I called something people on the left did stupid and asked if that is the example we want to follow. I guess I see how that could be stretched into me saying what you said is stupid, but even if you did that somebody can do something stupid without being stupid. I've stated enough times how I feel about Obama; save your baiting for somebody a little more susceptible to it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:50:24 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dex I'll give you credit for your tenacity...I just hope you felt the same way when the Libs attacked the Bush twins and Laura....they were brutal.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Dexter

Dex I'll give you credit for your tenacity...I just hope you felt the same way when the Libs attacked the Bush twins and Laura....they were brutal.

I'm sure people won't believe me but yes, I did. I also felt the same and called people on it when they did it to Sarah Palin. Politics should be about politics. Name calling and image shaming is for middle schoolers.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:47:44 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Relic

I'm sure people won't believe me but yes, I did. I also felt the same and called people on it when they did it to Sarah Palin. Politics should be about politics. Name calling and image shaming is for middle schoolers.

Had a rough go of it in middle school, eh?

Offline Dexter

Had a rough go of it in middle school, eh?

I was home schooled but thanks for trying to make it personal.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

I really don't care what you think about my political leaning. The term can be and is used in a way that is not disparaging. I regularly refer to the left and right wing in a way that is supposed to imply nothing more than what the definition is.

If you say so, Dex..........   
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Dexter

If you say so, Dex..........

I just want to say I've never claimed to be a conservative. If you absolutely must attach a political label to me it would be libertarian. I agree with almost everything Ron Paul says. I really hate labels though; they only distract from what is being said.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:09:30 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

I just want to say I've never claimed to be a conservative. If you absolutely must attach a political label to me it would be libertarian. I agree with almost everything Ron Paul says. I really hate labels though, because they only distract from what is being said.

Then why did you use the term "right wing?"

To distract this thread?

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Dexter

Then why did you use the term "right wing?"

To distract this thread?

I used it to reference a group of people so I could make my point.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:12:29 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

Offline Dexter

You mean to label a group of people.

I used a label to reference a group of people, yes. Labels are not an absolutely bad thing, but often times and especially in regard to a specific person they are used to avoid the actual content of a thought. I did not use a label to dismiss the content of what anybody said.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:15:31 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

I used a label to reference a group of people, yes. Labels are not an absolutely bad thing, but often times and especially in regard to a specific person they are used to avoid the actual content of a thought. I did not use a label to dismiss the content of what anybody said.

I love your moving targets, Dex.

First you hate labels, then they're not a bad thing.  What next?

(I'm sure you'll come back with something).

btw, I've never heard a libertarian use the term "right wing" either.

Offline Dexter

First you hate labels, then they're not a bad thing.  What next?

Saying "Republicans" would have been a label too. It's hard to not use a label when referencing a large group of people. When I said I hate labels I was mostly referring to labels on an individual person. I said they are not an absolutely bad thing, meaning they are not bad 100% of the time. The word "absolutely" which you very conveniently left out is a very important part of what I said. Generally speaking yes, I do hate labels used on individuals for the reasons I have already mentioned above.

btw, I've never heard a libertarian use the term "right wing" either.

Stop making implications and just say what you wanted to say so I can tell you I don't care.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:37:36 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

Saying "Republicans" would have been a label too. It's hard to not use a label when referencing a large group of people. When I said I hate labels I was mostly referring to labels on an individual person. I said they are not an absolutely bad thing, meaning they are not bad 100% of the time. The word "absolutely" which you very conveniently left out is a very important part of what I said. Generally speaking yes, I do hate labels used on individuals for the reasons I have already mentioned above.

Stop making implications and just say what you wanted to say so I can tell you I don't care.

If you didn't care, you would argue ad nauseam that you don't care.

At any rate, I've run out of time to argue about nothing with someone who keeps arguing about nothing.

:seeya:

Offline aligncare

Dex, I think some folks still think you're a liberal troll.

Look, I agree. Going after a first lady is tacky. Traditionally that has been taboo.

But, the left invited these attacks. Let me explain.

When a Republican president is sworn in, we know what we're getting: one president whom we voted for.

But, when the left comes into office (Clinton, Obama) they gleefully announce we have a co-president (Hillary, Michelle)!

Well if the spouse is in the kitchen as copresident, then they better be ready to take the heat.

Offline Dexter

At any rate, I've run out of time to argue about nothing with someone who keeps arguing about nothing.

It's not easy to be more stubborn than I am. You do give me a damn good run for my money, though.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:52:52 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

Dex, I think some folks still think you're a liberal troll.

Look, I agree. Going after a first lady is tacky. Traditionally that has been taboo.

But, the left invited these attacks. Let me explain.

When a Republican president is sworn in, we know what we're getting: one president whom we voted for.

But, when the left comes into office (Clinton, Obama) they gleefully announce we have a co-president (Hillary, Michelle)!

Well if the spouse is in the kitchen as copresident, then they better be ready to take the heat.

I don't think we should ridicule Obama's physical appearance either. For me it has nothing to do with their position in politics and everything to do with it not being the mature thing to do. We're all adults here; let's act like it. There are plenty of ways we can bash Obama and Michelle without attacking the way they look. They make that much easy with the way they run the country.

I've posted it here before, but this quote is something I try to live by.

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:03:46 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

It's not easy to be more stubborn than I am. You do give me a damn good run for my money, though.

Just allowing you to expose yourself, son..... ^-^

Offline Dexter

Just allowing you to expose yourself, son..... ^-^

You could have just asked; I am a big fan of exhibitionism.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:25:38 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Dex....just want you to know that even though I hold tremendous respect for MusicLady and her overall POV...that I tip my hat to you for your graciousness under fire.

Your use of the term "right wing" in that context seems totally appropriate and had no malice attached.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Dexter

Dex....just want you to know that even though I hold tremendous respect for MusicLady and her overall POV...that I tip my hat to you for your graciousness under fire.

Your use of the term "right wing" in that context seems totally appropriate and had no malice attached.

:beer:

I appreciate that DC.  :beer:
-Socrates

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
My two cents worth.

She does look gargantuan in these photos. The heels were a definite mistake. However, in terms of her outfits, she is making vast improvements. The yellow, and the cheery blossom, very nice.

Clearly she is gauche and awkward, but she is giving it a decent try. At least she is not smacking gum, or taking selfies at a funeral with hot blonds, like her idiot childlike husband would do.

When it comes to the Obamas, it is too much to expect them to do anything correctly, without flaw. You have to judge the Obamas by the marker that it was not a complete disaster, or a complete fail. That is what success is, when your name is Obama.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Dexter, while I am quite certain we lie on different points of the political scale, I also want to give you some credit for the way you have held up. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck