Author Topic: Sheriff Told He Cannot Hang American Flag in Courthouse Lobby  (Read 460 times)

rangerrebew

Sheriff Told He Cannot Hang American Flag in Courthouse Lobby

By admin, March 18, 2015.

Bill Watson, Sheriff of Portsmouth County in Virginia is not allowed to hang this American flag in the courthouse lobby. Was it because it was an unconventional flag made out of fire hoses? Still looks beautiful.

From FOX News Insider:

“It was given to me as a gift from the Portsmouth Fire Department, which I think is the greatest fire department in the world,”

“And, I mean they’re great guys and gals and we’re very close. The Sheriff’s office and the fire department, along with the police department, we all work together.”

“And they made this as a gift to us. And I wanted to put it up on the wall as a tribute to all public safety, past and present, and all the veterans that had given their life for our flag.”

“I’m not moving the flag out of that office, I just refuse to do it. And somebody said, ‘Are you willing to go to jail for it?’ And I said, ‘Well, people put their life on the line for that flag, I’m ready to put my life and my career on the line for that flag.'”

http://downtrend.com/admin/sheriff-told-he-cannot-hang-american-flag-in-courthouse-lobby
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:23:30 am by rangerrebew »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Sheriff Told He Cannot Hang American Flag in Courthouse Lobby
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 10:39:21 am »
This is an inciting headline, IMO.

It's just a different take on the Christmas manger display not being accepted, with the thought process being...Let one religion put up a display and before you know it, every group will demand equal access.

The flag was made of fire hoses, which was supposed to make it sentimentally special.

I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem if it were made of cloth.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Sheriff Told He Cannot Hang American Flag in Courthouse Lobby
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 10:42:05 am »
This is an inciting headline, IMO.

It's just a different take on the Christmas manger display not being accepted, with the thought process being...Let one religion put up a display and before you know it, every group will demand equal access.

The flag was made of fire hoses, which was supposed to make it sentimentally special.

I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem if it were made of cloth.

:thumbsup:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates