Author Topic: Obama Puts Blame on Bush, Iraq War for Rise of ISIS  (Read 1092 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Puts Blame on Bush, Iraq War for Rise of ISIS
« on: March 17, 2015, 01:25:56 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=630545

Newsmax
Obama Puts Blame on Bush, Iraq War for Rise of ISIS
Tuesday, March 17, 2015 06:59 AM

By: Elliot Jager

President Barack Obama said the rise of the Islamic State was an unintended outcome of the U.S. invasion of Iraq ordered by President George W. Bush  in 2003.

"Two things: one is, [ISIS] is a direct outgrowth of al-Qaida in Iraq that grew out of our invasion. Which is an example of unintended consequences. Which is why we should generally aim before we shoot," Obama told VICE news.

The president said he was convinced that the U.S.-led 60 nation coalition would "slowly push back [ISIS] out of Iraq."

Obama said the fundamental problem, however, was that millions of young "disaffected Sunnis around the world" with no education or opportunities had been handed a religious basis to channel their frustration.

"And we can't keep on thinking about counterterrorism and security as entirely separate from diplomacy, development, education — all these things that are considered soft, but in fact are vital to our national security," Obama said, adding "and we do not fund those."

The State Department has asked Congress to approve a foreign aid budget of $50 billion for fiscal year 2016. Out of this amount, about $3.5 billion would be dedicated to counter the Islamic State and boost humanitarian assistance.

The U.S. has historically spent about 1 percent to 2 percent of its annual budget on foreign affairs.

Obama said, "We should be thinking about making investments there that ultimately save us from having to send our young men and women to fight or having folks come here and doing great harm," according to VICE.

Some conservatives are likely to take exception with Obama for putting so much responsibility on Bush for the rise of ISIS. Obama pulled U.S. troops out of Iraq in 2011, creating a power vacuum that the Sunni extremists have tried to fill, according to The Daily Caller.

He initially dismissed ISIS as a second-string junior-varsity basketball team.

Reconstituted by Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in May 2010, the Islamic State began as a satellite of al-Qaida in Iraq. Today, it wants to establish Islamic dominion around the world, according to The Atlantic.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Obama Puts Blame on Bush, Iraq War for Rise of ISIS
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 01:29:02 pm »
He could say the sky is green and no one would challenge him on it.  If everything happening now is Bush's fault, and he has been helpless to fix it, what good is he?  I know, a rhetorical question.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Mrs. libsrevil

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 02:36:45 pm »
Guess it's time to recycle his pathetic excuses for being the worst president in the history of all presidents since the beginning of time.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 01:21:28 am »
Where was Isis at the end of the Bush Admin? Al Qaeda was mostly defeated too.

Offline Carling

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 01:37:42 am »
He ran on cleaning up Bush's mistakes.  Instead, he's exacerbated Bush's alleged mistakes.   :seeya:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 01:43:04 am »
He ran on cleaning up Bush's mistakes.  Instead, he's exacerbated Bush's alleged mistakes.   :seeya:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 01:43:57 am »
ISIS was in Syria and our troops were stationed in Iraq. Obama declared everything was cool and brought our troops home for political expediency, creating a vacuum. A dangerous vacuum which was, in turn, filled by that jayvee team - ISIS.  Yep, Bush's fault.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:48:30 am by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 01:52:27 am »

Glad to see you Carling.  :patriot:
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 01:54:34 am »
He could say the sky is green and no one would challenge him on it.  If everything happening now is Bush's fault, and he has been helpless to fix it, what good is he?  I know, a rhetorical question.

I don't know alice. With some tartar sauce, maybe a squeeze of lemon, he might be good. I hear commies taste just like chicken.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 02:15:50 am »
I don't know alice. With some tartar sauce, maybe a squeeze of lemon, he might be good. I hear commies taste just like chicken.

He's awful scrawny.   :laugh:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 04:19:18 am »

But they are starting to challenge him....  Which is why he picks who interviews him these days. Vice News? Never heard of them. This guy gets the interview of his life, and all he has to do is not challenge der leader.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 07:47:55 pm »
But they are starting to challenge him....  Which is why he picks who interviews him these days. Vice News? Never heard of them. This guy gets the interview of his life, and all he has to do is not challenge der leader.
VICE news is a Bill Maher project on HBO.