Author Topic: WTF? EPA Wants To Regulate Backyard BBQing  (Read 677 times)

rangerrebew

WTF? EPA Wants To Regulate Backyard BBQing
« on: March 18, 2015, 12:48:51 pm »
WTF? EPA Wants To Regulate Backyard BBQing

By Brian Anderson, March 17, 2015.

The Environmental Protection Agency has always been a real pain in the ass to industry, progress, and working people everywhere. Under Obama, the unelected regulatory agency has been downright fascist in its efforts to reduce the quality of life for all Americans. Case and point: the EPA is looking at ways to regulate the backyard barbeque experience.

Fox News reports that the EPA is looking at the possibility of forcing backyard cooks to install grease traping systems as well as “catalytic” filters for grill emissions.

The EPA is funding a $15,000 University of California-Riverside study to look at the particulate emissions you breathe when grilling over an open flame. Along with the drip tray, the emission removal system includes the use of a “secondary air filtration system is composed of a single pipe duct system which contains a specialized metal filter, a metal fan blade, a drive shaft, and an accompanying power system with either a motorized or manual method,” according to study.

Think it can’t happen? Parts of California (Bay Area mostly) already regulate when people can cook outdoors, and there even more regulations being pushed.

Thankfully, BBQers have a champion in office. Missouri State Senator Eric Schmitt launched a campaign against excessive EPA regulations:

On Monday, State Senator Eric Schmitt (R) from St. Louis kicked off a #porksteakrebellion after he discovered the EPA is funding a study on propane grill emissions that suggest pit masters use a special tray to catch grease drippings and a “catalytic” filtration system to reduce air pollution, reports Fox News KTVI.

“The idea that the EPA wants to find their way into our back yards, where we’re congregating with our neighbors, having a good time, on the 4th of July, barbecuing pork steak or hamburgers, is ridiculous and it’s emblematic of agency that’s sort of out of control,” Schmitt said.

In case it isn’t obvious, Schmitt is a Republican, and he’s 100% right. It is beyond ridiculous that a government agency is looking into clamping down on backyard cooking. Is barbequing really a major source of air pollution? Of course it isn’t, so why the hell would Obama’s EPA even be looking at something like this? The quick answer is because he is a dick.

This is completely in line with the democrat agenda to control every aspect of our lives. It also seems to be part of a larger campaign to turn Americans into vegetarians and get us all to accept man-made global warming. The government recently recommended that we all but eliminate meat form our diets and as you know the lefties insist that beef production is a major contributor to climate change.

Yesterday I wrote that Obama was trying to stop public funding of sports stadiums because he hates things that guys like. This is completely true. Democrats despise anything that brings pleasure to men: Guns, hunting, cars, beer, sports, you name it. If guys like it, the democrats will try to regulate it, tax it or ban it. It’s not really a shock that they are now going after backyard barbequing because men like cooking over an open flame.

I reject this hybrid driving, no sports watching, disarmed civilian, steamed vegetable, alcohol-free liberal distopian future. I’m going to take my 1971 Dodge Charger down to the store, pick up some beer and steaks, fire up the grill, and celebrate American freedom while I watch hockey all night. And if the EPA shock troops come to shut me down, I’ll be ready for that too.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/wtf-epa-wants-to-regulate-backyard-bbqing
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 12:49:25 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline PzLdr

Re: WTF? EPA Wants To Regulate Backyard BBQing
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 01:02:11 pm »
And they will. Until somebody cuts their funding to ZERO, and passes a law or laws rolling back all their asinine regulations. Which means get ready to have your BBQ regulated.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 01:06:48 pm »
You can take my barbeque when you pry it from my burnt, smoky hands.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 01:08:21 pm »

All you can really do is keep it [government] small.  You cannot change the behavior, it is inherent to government.

That's why the Founders tried to strictly limit Federal powers.

It worked for a while...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 01:11:18 pm »
It's all for the "greater good".
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 01:15:30 pm »
I keep asking what the Green Fascists is going to regulate next, I better stop asking..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 01:18:12 pm »
This is great. Really.

The American public is chronically unaware of what is happening. This is the kind of thing that will touch many of the willfully ignorant.

If it doesn't wake them up, then all is lost anyway.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 07:30:40 pm »

Yep the feds control over us will be at warp speed now.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 07:35:52 pm »
And they will. Until somebody cuts their funding to ZERO, and passes a law or laws rolling back all their asinine regulations. Which means get ready to have your BBQ regulated.

Nah.

States are on the verge of passing legislation forbidding compliance with EPA regulations. Something this silly is Exhibit A for non-enforcement. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.