Author Topic: Beck: ‘I’m out of the Republican Party’  (Read 7121 times)

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Beck: ‘I’m out of the Republican Party’
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2015, 03:28:17 pm »
Hell, this is about the only place I ever discuss the topic.

Me, too.  I happen to be at a point in life when I am about to have the opportunity to reinvent myself, and as I think about my priorities, one option for me is to focus more on political activism, maybe get heavily involved in the 2016 race.  But when I really think about it, I realize that politics tends to bring out the worst in me rather than the best, and I think I'd be happier and more productive putting it on a tighter leash rather than expanding that area.

My other interests are academic research, teaching, golf, and dealing in art and antiques.  Other than golf, all of these are things where I have a great deal more control (golf controls me, but that's another story).  I have come to realize that being self-reliant is key to my happiness.  Every time I have allocated some of my sovereignty to another person, I have been disappointed, and my only successes were instances in which I controlled the outcome. 

Politics?  Fuhgedabout controlling it as an individual.  It's a free-for-all.   

Offline olde north church

« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2015, 04:09:10 pm »
Me, too.  I happen to be at a point in life when I am about to have the opportunity to reinvent myself, and as I think about my priorities, one option for me is to focus more on political activism, maybe get heavily involved in the 2016 race.  But when I really think about it, I realize that politics tends to bring out the worst in me rather than the best, and I think I'd be happier and more productive putting it on a tighter leash rather than expanding that area.

My other interests are academic research, teaching, golf, and dealing in art and antiques.  Other than golf, all of these are things where I have a great deal more control (golf controls me, but that's another story).  I have come to realize that being self-reliant is key to my happiness.  Every time I have allocated some of my sovereignty to another person, I have been disappointed, and my only successes were instances in which I controlled the outcome. 

During the Revolutionary War, Washington and friends didn't ignore the Loyalists.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2015, 04:27:27 pm »
Luis wrote above:
[[ Don't confuse most people with people in forums like ours.
Most people hate politics. ]]

Justifiably so!

I'm reaching the point in life where -- after coming from the left to see the error of my ways and join the right -- I see that while the left never ceases in its efforts to "degrade and destroy" the foundations of Western Civilization, the right seems content to blabber on and feel smug in the self-assurance that our side "knows better".

And in the meantime, the democrats totally support the leftist assault, while the Pubbies talk a talk, yet are afraid to take even tiny baby steps towards walkin' the walk.

Meanwhile, the defenders of the Republican establishment in this forum keep repeating the mantra, "don't worry, it takes time, just keep voting for us, it will make a difference".

Well.

It don't seem to makin' much difference, and I'll be long-dead by "the time" it takes for anything to change.

But not to worry.
The left ain't gonna be in charge forever.
Because, eventually the muslims will wrest control, and slaughter the leftists along with the rest of us!

So... politics can go to the devil.
If the weather ever warms up again here (too much climate change, indeed), I'll get back on the Harley for as long as I can keep it upright, go for a good long ride, and forget about the rest of it...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2015, 07:10:27 pm »

Maybe you have hit upon the reason some people here don't like me much!

This is DEFINITELY NOT the only place I discuss politics and that has been the case for a LONG time now!  Maybe too long!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2015, 07:15:36 pm »
Luis wrote above:
[[ Don't confuse most people with people in forums like ours.
Most people hate politics. ]]

Justifiably so!

I'm reaching the point in life where -- after coming from the left to see the error of my ways and join the right -- I see that while the left never ceases in its efforts to "degrade and destroy" the foundations of Western Civilization, the right seems content to blabber on and feel smug in the self-assurance that our side "knows better".

And in the meantime, the democrats totally support the leftist assault, while the Pubbies talk a talk, yet are afraid to take even tiny baby steps towards walkin' the walk.

Meanwhile, the defenders of the Republican establishment in this forum keep repeating the mantra, "don't worry, it takes time, just keep voting for us, it will make a difference".

Well.

It don't seem to makin' much difference, and I'll be long-dead by "the time" it takes for anything to change.

But not to worry.
The left ain't gonna be in charge forever.
Because, eventually the muslims will wrest control, and slaughter the leftists along with the rest of us!

So... politics can go to the devil.
If the weather ever warms up again here (too much climate change, indeed), I'll get back on the Harley for as long as I can keep it upright, go for a good long ride, and forget about the rest of it...

Speaking as one who has been on the inside of politics in Texas for many years now I can't tell you how right you are in the first part of your post!

I sincerely HOPE you are NOT right in the last part of it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline evadR

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2015, 07:48:44 pm »
"I sincerely HOPE you are NOT right in the last part of it."

I think a lot depends on how much the great destroyer can accomplish in the next year and a half.  I understand the poster's point, it's so easy to get totally frustrated with pubbies and their ilk.
So much depends on 2016.  If we go down the Bush road, well..........(you can fill in the blank)
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline flowers

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2015, 07:59:45 pm »
and slaughter the leftists along with the rest of us!
the will get them first

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2015, 09:51:44 pm »
During the Revolutionary War, Washington and friends didn't ignore the Loyalists.
But they got Canada.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2015, 02:05:00 am »
Was he ever really in the GOP?