Author Topic: OBAMA: IF I COULD GO BACK IN TIME, I WOULD HAVE CLOSED GUANTANAMO ON THE FIRST DAY OF MY PRESIDENCY  (Read 786 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/18/obama-if-i-could-go-back-in-time-i-would-have-closed-guantanamo-on-the-first-day-of-my-presidency/

by CHARLIE SPIERING18 Mar 20156
If he had a chance to begin his presidency anew, “I think I would have closed Guantanamo on the first day,” President Obama announced today in Cleveland, as some in the crowd applauded.

He was answering a question about what advice he would have given himself, if he could go back in time to the first day of his presidency. After pausing for a few seconds, Obama rambled on about how he would have worked harder to communicate his successful economic policies better, before mentioning Gitmo.

He explained that he didn’t close Guantanamo Bay quickly, because he thought there was bi-partisan support for doing so, citing Sen. John McCain’s own preference for closing it.

“I thought that we had enough consensus there that we could do it in a more deliberate fashion, but the politics of it got tough and people got scared by the rhetoric around it,” Obama said. “Once that set in, then the path of least resistance was to leave it open even though it’s not who we are as a country.”

Obama insisted that the controversial prison would continue to be a recruitment tool for terrorists to “recruit jihadists.”

“So instead, we’ve had to chip away at it year after year after year,” Obama said. “But I think in that first couple of weeks we could have done it quicker.”

Obama also joked that perhaps he would have told himself to start dying his hair, but said that he was kidding.

“Michelle thinks I look distinguished,” he added.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
If I could go back in time, I would have castrated your father.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

Whenever the sonofabitch starts feeling sorry for himself (got his ass kicked yesterday) he gets cocky and tries to wave his tiny tool around.  Deep down, he's seething. 

That's why he said he should have told the public how bad Bush really was and that he should have closed Gitmo on day one (he couldn't have done it with an EO and he didn't have the support even then).

Look for more outrageous statements and behavior in the days to come. He once again feels like a cornered rat.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline 1poxgi

If he could go back in time, he would never have been elected.

Offline andy58-in-nh

If he could go back in time, he would never have been elected.

If I could go back in time, I would have let the Japanese keep Hawaii.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If I could go back in time, I would have let the Japanese keep Hawaii.

If I could go back in time I would see to it that Richard Nixon beat Jack Kennedy in 1960! He really did that you know!

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 01:05:56 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
DCPatriot wrote above:
[[ If I could go back in time, I would have castrated your father. ]]

Are you really sure who his father -was- ???

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And if I could go back beyond my own lifetime Teddy Roosevelt would beat Woodrow Wilson in 1912!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:45:03 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline xfreeper

if i coulda, woulda, shoulda
that's what folks always say....

Offline Carling

He's losing his grasp on reality, and his circle of confidants continues to shrink, so all that he talks to are his fellow brainwashed "Hate America" liberals like Jarrett. 

Expect increasingly bizarre behavior from this small, petty, and mentally ill man as his policies continue to blow up in his face.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 04:18:26 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------