Author Topic: Azealia Banks pulls no punches for Playboy  (Read 343 times)

rangerrebew

Azealia Banks pulls no punches for Playboy
« on: March 17, 2015, 03:36:49 pm »

Azealia Banks pulls no punches for Playboy
SNAP.PA – 26 minutes ago..

SNAP.PA - The 212 singer spoke her mind as she graced the front cover of the magazine’s April edition.

Azealia Banks has revealed she is unapologetically “loud and boisterous”, as she gave her opinionated views on the US and race in a new magazine interview.

The Harlem-raised rapper, who is no stranger to controversy, opened up to Playboy, gracing the cover of the April edition.

Despite being born and raised in America, the 23-year-old singer admitted she isn’t a fan of the country.

“I hate everything about this country. Like, I hate fat white Americans,” she said.

“All the people who are crunched into the middle of America, the real fat and meat of America, are these racist conservative white people who live on their farms. Those little teenage girls who work at Kmart and have a racist grandma – that’s really America.”

Azealia, whose feline-inspired shoot was captured by Ellen Von Unwerth, said she had no doubts about stripping off for the magazine.

“I love getting naked. It’s so funny, every time my manager arranges a photo shoot, I’m like, ‘Let’s do a nude photo!’ And everyone’s like, ‘Oh, Azealia, you’re always trying to bring your butt out’,” she said.

“Posing for Playboy was a no-brainer. I was like, ‘Yes! They want to see me naked.’

Jay Z Azealia looks up to Jay Z (Joel Ryan/AP)
She also revealed she wants to follow in Jay Z’s footsteps and emulate his career.

“That’s the only person I have my eye set on. The race thing always comes up, but I want to get there being very black and proud and boisterous about it. You get what I mean?” she said.

“A lot of times when you’re a black woman and you’re proud, that’s why people don’t like you. In American society, the game is to be a non-threatening black person. That’s why you have Pharrell or Kendrick Lamar saying ‘how can we expect people to respect us if we don’t respect ourselves?’

She accused some of her fellow music stars of “playing that non-threatening black man s**t”, adding: “Even Kanye West plays a little bit of that game — ‘Please accept me, white world.’ Jay Z hasn’t played any of those games, and that’s what I like.”

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/azealia-banks-pulls-no-punches-150330716.html#qOTfd20
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 03:37:53 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Relic

Re: Azealia Banks pulls no punches for Playboy
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 03:42:43 pm »
A racist black woman I've never heard of. Shocking.