Author Topic: Guess Which Then-Senator Met With Iraqi Leaders Urging Them To Ignore A President’s Negotiation Strategy In 2008. I’ll Bet You’ll Never Guess  (Read 905 times)

rangerrebew

Guess Which Then-Senator Met With Iraqi Leaders Urging Them To Ignore A President’s Negotiation Strategy In 2008. I’ll Bet You’ll Never Guess

By Robert Gehl, March 14, 2015.

Libs are whooping and wailing over the 47 GOP senators who sent a letter to Iran warning them that any agreement Obama negotiates must go through them first.

Accusations of “treason” and “un-American” are flying around.

But a few years ago, a U.S. Senator did something much more nefarious.

While George W. Bush was trying to negotiate a drawdown of our military presence in Iraq back in 2008, a Senator sent a delegation to Baghdad and met privately with Iraqi officials, urging them to reject any of President Bush’s overtures, saying the Bush Administration was in a “state of weakness and political confusion.”

That senator? Now-President Barack Obama.

A New York Post article from 2008 details how adamant Obama was that Bush and his team were weak and that the Iraqis should wait until a new administration stepped in (him, presumably) to re-start negotiations.

But that’s the past, right? Everyone from Harry Reid to Joe Biden are on the attack. “Fuming,” as they say. “In thirty-six years in the United States Senate, I cannot recall another instance in which Senators wrote directly to advise another country,” Biden said.

Well, maybe that’s true. Obama didn’t “write” to advise another country. He sent his people to fly there and met with them face-to-face.

Perhaps Biden’s loophole in making his 36-year representation is that the message Senator Obama allegedly sent was not in written form. It was a verbal message delivered to Tehran’s leadership by Ambassador William G. Miller, who assured an enemy who was at war with us that a President Obama would be much more amicable to deal with.

While Biden suggests the GOP letter “undercut” Team Obama’s negotiations with Iran, what impact does he think presidential candidate Obama’s emissary had?

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/guess-which-then-senator-met-with-iraqi-leaders-urging-them-to-ignore-a-presidents-negotiation-strategy-in-2008-ill-bet-youll-never-guess
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:40:45 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline aligncare

This is exactly why the best approach is to simply laugh in the face of the left's hypocritical histrionics. And, of course, continue to point out their hypocrisy – even while the mainstream media ignores it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This is exactly why the best approach is to simply laugh in the face of the left's hypocritical histrionics. And, of course, continue to point out their hypocrisy – even while the mainstream media ignores it.

Exactly right!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien