Author Topic: Bristol Palin Engaged to Medal of Honor Recipient Dakota Meyer  (Read 580 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=630180

Newsmax
Bristol Palin Engaged to Medal of Honor Recipient Dakota Meyer
Saturday, March 14, 2015 06:03 PM

By: Todd Beamon

Bristol Palin and Medal of Honor recipient Dakota Meyer are engaged.

"Last night, Sgt. Dakota Meyer proposed and I said yes!" Palin said Saturday on her blog.

Palin, 24, said the former Marine sniper came to the Last Frontier State last year to appear on the "Amazing America" cable TV show hosted by her mother, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

She said Meyer met her 6-year-old son Tripp then — "and I’ve seen him in a few places where our paths have crossed since. He’s visited us in Alaska, and I’ve visited his wonderful family in Kentucky.

"He’s wonderful with Tripp and I’m so proud to be marrying him," Palin said. Her mother also posted a notice of the engagement on her Facebook page.

Meyer, 26, received the Medal of Honor, the nation's highest military award, from President Barack Obama in 2011 for his service in Afghanistan. On Sept. 8, 2009, Meyer made five forays into heavy enemy fire near the Afghan village of Ganjigal.

He killed a number of enemy insurgents, evacuated two dozen Afghan soldiers, and recovered the bodies of four Americans, including three of his team members.

Meyer, who was injured in the ambush, lost several of his best friends during the attack. He was the first living Marine to receive the Medal of Honor in 42 years. He had spent four years in the Marines.

He recounted his experience to Newsmax in 2012 and in a book published that year, "Into the Fire: A Firsthand Account of the Most Extraordinary Battle in the Afghan War."

"He’s so romantic," Palin said on her blog, noting that Meyer proposed at a Rascal Flatts concert.

"He got down on one knee and proposed" after the group's lead singer Gary LeVox, "dedicated 'Bless the Broken Road' to us."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Bristol Palin Engaged to Medal of Honor Recipient Dakota Meyer
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 02:23:02 pm »
I'm REALLY happy for them and wish them a long and happy marriage!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 04:30:45 pm »
I'm REALLY happy for them and wish them a long and happy marriage!

A nice, quite, peaceful, out of the limelight marriage.  Preferably in a cabin in the woods.   Far from paparazzi.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 05:43:19 pm »
Good for her.  Good for him! Good for them!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 05:50:03 pm »
A nice, quite, peaceful, out of the limelight marriage.  Preferably in a cabin in the woods.   Far from paparazzi.
Sounds good.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 07:16:07 pm »
Sounds good.

You know that's not going to happen.  Watch Ms. Palin show up on "Say Yes to the Dress" or some other bridal program.  Good luck to the happy couple.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 08:37:25 pm »

You know that's not going to happen.  Watch Ms. Palin show up on "Say Yes to the Dress" or some other bridal program.  Good luck to the happy couple.
I was going to say—do you think anyone with the last name “Palin” is going to go quietly into that good night? These are people who made their name by hamming it up for the cameras; Sarah with her TV shows, Bristol on Dancing with the Stars.

Best of luck to the young couple and I hope this guy turns out to be better than Levi—or, failing that, she finds her way out before getting knocked up again.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024