Author Topic: STUDY: LIBERAL SMILES ARE HAPPIER THAN CONSERVATIVE SMILES  (Read 653 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
STUDY: LIBERAL SMILES ARE HAPPIER THAN CONSERVATIVE SMILES
« on: March 14, 2015, 02:26:07 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/13/study-liberal-smiles-are-happier-than-conservative-smiles/

by AUSTIN RUSE13 Mar 2015

Ongoing studies show that conservatives tend to be happier than liberals. But the authors of a new study dispute that. They say conservatives are just a bit delusional about their own happiness. Their study says the crinkliness of conservative eyes, or the lack thereof, gives the happiness game away to the left.

Peter Ditto, professor of psychology and social behavior at the University of California, Irvine, writes about the study in the March 13 issue of the journal Science. He says real happiness will “show up in people’s behavior.” Traditional studies have tended to ask liberals and conservatives if they are happy. Conservatives have answered yes at higher rates than liberals, so much so that some call it an “ideological happiness gap.”

Doctoral candidate Sean Jojcik decided that was not enough. He and his team studied the smiles of 533 Members of Congress and found that conservatives largely did not smile with their eyes, what some researchers say is evidence of a genuine, rather than a fake, smile.

His team also looked at language used in 47,000 Twitter posts of 4,000 Twitter users, along with the photographs of 457 users of LinkedIn. Here, too, researchers concluded that conservatives’s eyes are not crinkly enough. The tenor of the conservative Twitter users also revealed a relative lack of happiness.

Another study looked at responses at a site called YourMorals.org that looks at life satisfaction and also the propensity to “self-enhance.” They found that conservatives score higher in life happiness but also in self-enhancement.

The lesson for conservatives clearly is that they must start smiling with their eyes, otherwise the left will know how miserable we really are.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: STUDY: LIBERAL SMILES ARE HAPPIER THAN CONSERVATIVE SMILES
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 02:27:27 pm »
Would like to see another poll of the same "folks" taken, say...., Wednesday morning after the 2016 election.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 02:31:12 pm »
All this study shows is ignorance is bliss. :whistle:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 02:32:36 pm »
All this study shows is ignorance is bliss. :whistle:

Ha...that was exactly my first thought...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 02:35:00 pm »
Would like to see another poll of the same "folks" taken, say...., Wednesday morning after the 2016 election.

:beer:

Look... I have enough liberals in my life to know that their smiles are often arrogant, mocking and superior.  They are the loudest in the coffee shops and the middle-aged women have short hair and dangling earrings.  The men cower and soil themselves emotionally when a military or "real" man (or a woman) is in their presence.  My whole extended family on my married side is liberal and I truly sense their deference to me just by my presence.

The smile of a liberal is shallow.  The smile of a true conservative has depth and meaning.  So for me, it is quality over quantity.

How's that?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 02:38:07 pm »
:beer:

Look... I have enough liberals in my life to know that their smiles are often arrogant, mocking and superior.  They are the loudest in the coffee shops and the middle-aged women have short hair and dangling earrings.  The men cower and soil themselves emotionally when a military or "real" man (or a woman) is in their presence.  My whole extended family on my married side is liberal and I truly sense their deference to me just by my presence.

The smile of a liberal is shallow.  The smile of a true conservative has depth and meaning.  So for me, it is quality over quantity.

How's that?

Works for me, buddy!    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 02:41:06 pm »

Look... I have enough liberals in my life to know that their smiles are often arrogant, mocking and superior.

Sounds a lot like Barry.  The big smile is all some people need to see to submit.

Something so vacuous, yet apparently very effective.

Must be the fluoride...

« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 02:42:50 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 02:41:43 pm »
The men cower and soil themselves emotionally when a military or "real" man (or a woman) is in their presence. 

It is like a group of dogs getting acquainted for the first time.  They have the order figured out in no time.
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 02:45:00 pm »
It is like a group of dogs getting acquainted for the first time.  They have the order figured out in no time.

Excellent analogy Lando.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 03:01:42 pm »
I'd love to see this guy walk into a coffee shop in Madison, Wisconsin.

John Steinbeck