Author Topic: Sen. Graham: Congress to Cut UN Money If Council Undoes Iran Sanctions  (Read 842 times)

rangerrebew

Sen. Graham: Congress to Cut UN Money If Council Undoes Iran Sanctions

Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 09:32 PM

By Greg Richter

If the U.N. Security Council attempts to undo sanctions on Iran imposed by Congress, it can kiss its funding good-bye, Sen. Lindsey Graham told Fox News.

The Security Council is considering lifting U.N. sanctions on Iran, which would make it more difficult for Congress to thwart a deal signed by the Obama administration.

But congressional Republicans, joined by some Democrats, say the deal on Iran's nuclear program is a treaty and cannot be signed by the president without Senate approval. GOP leaders vow to retain current U.S. sanctions if they are not allowed to vote on the deal.

Graham was among a group of 47 Republican senators who signed an open letter to Iran last week, saying that no deal would be enforceable without Senate approval.

The senators have been criticized for trying to stymie the ongoing talks. Some in their own party have said the letter was improper.

Graham, appearing Thursday on Fox News Channel's "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren,"  was unapologetic, saying he signed only after President Barack Obama threatened to veto a bill that would require congressional approval of lifting the current sanctions.

"This is a very big deal," he said. "When the president told the Senate and the House, 'I will veto any effort on your part to look at this deal and have a vote as to whether or not we waive the sanctions we created,' then that became imperial presidency."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Lindsey-Graham-congress-security-council-iran/2015/03/12/id/629902/#ixzz3UG0sZeSP
 Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A very good idea.

The problem is -- they'll huff and puff, and then.... do nothing.

As usual.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A very good idea.

The problem is -- they'll huff and puff, and then.... do nothing.

As usual.

I sure hope they do this..but like you I doubt it...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

"This is a very big deal," he said. "When the president told the Senate and the House, 'I will veto any effort on your part to look at this deal and have a vote as to whether or not we waive the sanctions we created,' then that became imperial presidency."

Right on Senator Graham!

Offline evadR

NO THEY WON'T!
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline sinkspur

OH, I think they will.  The GOP House would love nothing better than to slash UN money, and there are Democrat Senators (like Menendez) who will stand with Republicans on this.

Obama has thrown down the gauntlet.  Sanctions cannot be relaxed without the approval of Congress, and the GOP won't approve. If he tries to do it with an EO, then impeachment should be in order.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

rangerrebew

Agenda 21 isn't possible without the United Nitwits so the democrats will fight it tooth, nail, and jackass.

Offline libertybele

OH, I think they will.  The GOP House would love nothing better than to slash UN money, and there are Democrat Senators (like Menendez) who will stand with Republicans on this.

Obama has thrown down the gauntlet.  Sanctions cannot be relaxed without the approval of Congress, and the GOP won't approve. If he tries to do it with an EO, then impeachment should be in order.

Good grief ... IMPEACHMENT has been in order for quite some time.  Do you really think Obama is going to allow Congress to get in the way of his agenda? Silly you.  Obama will continue to do what he wants and Congress will do nothing.  "We the People" are on our own.  We have a dictator for a president and a Congress who is virtually null and void.

Offline flowers

This would be grand if they did this, yet I won't hold my breath.