Author Topic: President Ted Cruz?  (Read 15778 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Re: President Ted Cruz?
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2015, 03:54:00 am »
Take your "GOPe" and your "RINO" crap and deposit it snugly in your Antebellum.

Luis, this is why you are one of my favorite posters on any board. The "GOPe" and "RINO" crap have no value in the real world. And the real world is where our side supposedly has rule.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2015, 04:14:37 am »
Thank you for entitling me to my own opinion.

I am a registered, lifelong, broken glass Republican.

Take your "GOPe" and your "RINO" crap and deposit it snugly in your Antebellum.

I sure would like to know why an acronym some other person may choose to use in their speech SO get's under the skin of some people!

Would someone PLEASE be kind enough to explain that to me?  I don't understand it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2015, 04:54:44 am »
The GOPe and RINO's have tarnished the Republican party. They have contributed to the political corruption and demise of this great country by standing  and voting along with the liberal progressives.  We therefore have really only one party that is being manipulated by a dictator and a few true conservatives who are opposing the "transformation" and are holding this country together by a very slim thread. If you choose to stand with those who are working towards the demise of this country rather than those who are working towards the restoration of this country that is certainly your prerogative.
Your selfless sacrifice in pursuit of restoring this nearly doomed country to its righteous and Constitutional glory is admirable.  Sadly it will ultimately be cancelled out by my shameful plotting to destroy the very fabric of the American dream.  I'm glad my children don't know how I've betrayed them.   

You ever wonder why there are only "a few true conservatives" representing the American people?  It's because your version of true conservatism (indignant condemnation) is not popular with voters. 

Thanx for saving us all despite ourselves.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2015, 05:27:08 am »
I recommend that all "real conservatives" read Dale Carnegie's classic book titled: "How to Win Friends and Influence People."

The real task is increasing the number of voters for our side, not bickering and name calling inside a static sized choir.

We should try to inform, persuade, convince convert others, NOT call names.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2015, 09:00:02 am »
Republicans better collectively get behind somebody if they plan on stopping Hillary.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2015, 09:04:18 am »
I recommend that all "real conservatives" read Dale Carnegie's classic book titled: "How to Win Friends and Influence People."

The real task is increasing the number of voters for our side, not bickering and name calling inside a static sized choir.

Increasing the number of voters would require doing things that too many conservatives are just not willing to do. One great example is gay marriage. I know some here don't want to hear it, but the battle is lost when it comes to gay marriage. The paradigm has shifted; it's happening and there is no way to stop it anymore. Republicans need to let it go if they want to stay relevant. Another thing that would seriously help Republicans is getting behind marijuana legalization before the Democrats take control of another winning wedge issue that has a lot of sway among young people.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 09:07:40 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2015, 09:37:21 am »
Luis, this is why you are one of my favorite posters on any board. The "GOPe" and "RINO" crap have no value in the real world. And the real world is where our side supposedly has rule.
Totally concur, Machiavelli (ES) 

On all points.   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 12:27:43 pm »

Back atcha, except let's insert "moderates and establishment, mainline GOPers" after "real conservatives" in your first sentence. It works both ways. Telling a conservative to shove something up his or her rear end, as Luis did above, does not help the cause, no matter how much broken glass one might crawl over to elect a Republican.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 12:33:42 pm »
Republicans better collectively get behind somebody if they plan on stopping Hillary.

If the GOP runs a conservative Hillary doesn't stand a chance ... run a RINO and the GOP will lose just like they have in the past several election cycles.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2015, 01:10:22 pm »
The GOPe and RINO's have tarnished the Republican party. They have contributed to the political corruption and demise of this great country by standing  and voting along with the liberal progressives.  We therefore have really only one party that is being manipulated by a dictator and a few true conservatives who are opposing the "transformation" and are holding this country together by a very slim thread. If you choose to stand with those who are working towards the demise of this country rather than those who are working towards the restoration of this country that is certainly your prerogative.

All true. Case well stated. And I agree with the spirit of it ...however.

What many pragmatists are saying is that America is locked in a two-party fan dance and the only way to change that dance is to join the troupe – not throw tomatoes.

I understand that point of view, even if I personally don't see any path to rein in centralized authority in DC in the near or distant future. (Which I guess is the definition of feeling hopeless)

Some pragmatists even remind us that if this internecine squabble should escalate, that a President Perot v2 will not rise from the ashes of a GOP meltdown but rather another President Clinton v2 likely will.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 01:23:22 pm by aligncare »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2015, 01:18:38 pm »
Back atcha, except let's insert "moderates and establishment, mainline GOPers" after "real conservatives" in your first sentence. It works both ways. Telling a conservative to shove something up his or her rear end, as Luis did above, does not help the cause, no matter how much broken glass one might crawl over to elect a Republican.

Thank you for saying this, mountaineer.

The idea that the name-calling and personal attacks are a one way street is absurd.

How about if we.......... on this forum......... stop doing that entirely.  Lead the way by example. 

Stop the "So-con," "real conservative," "right-wingers" and all that stuff, as well as the "RINO" crap that's been around forever and means absolutely NOTHING.

What we need is a Republican candidate who actually stands for what the Republican party CLAIMS it stands for.

IF that happens, we will beat ANY Democrat out there.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2015, 01:28:34 pm »
Why can't we be free to express our opinions without someone getting insulting - telling someone to shove something is not being respectful to a fellow board member!  OF COURSE, we are going to have differing opinions - and if someone wants to use the term GOPe - it's no skin off of any of our teeth!  It is an opinion. 

If you completely disagree and are offended by the term usage - just leave the damn thread!  Start your own if you want to and bitch for days on end about people using terminology and not going along with your point of view - but stop with the personal attacks!

I am completely sick of it.  It always digresses to this point.  There are different points of view on this forum - and that is allowed!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are so angry that you want to tell someone to shove it - walk the hell away!  Don't preach about people that don't get behind your candidate, at the same time that you are not getting behind THEIR candidate!  We are not monolithic - and NOW is precisely the time to have vigorous discussion about all of the prospective candidates.

NOW is the time. 

Discuss your point of view, try to sway others - but stop with the disrespectful crap!  That is what turns people off!  I'm sick to death of it.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2015, 01:41:40 pm »

If you believe those acronyms "have no value in the real world" WHY let them upset you so?  Just ignore them and move on!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2015, 01:46:43 pm »
Why can't we be free to express our opinions without someone getting insulting - telling someone to shove something is not being respectful to a fellow board member!  OF COURSE, we are going to have differing opinions - and if someone wants to use the term GOPe - it's no skin off of any of our teeth!  It is an opinion. 

If you completely disagree and are offended by the term usage - just leave the damn thread!  Start your own if you want to and bitch for days on end about people using terminology and not going along with your point of view - but stop with the personal attacks!

I am completely sick of it.  It always digresses to this point.  There are different points of view on this forum - and that is allowed!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are so angry that you want to tell someone to shove it - walk the hell away!  Don't preach about people that don't get behind your candidate, at the same time that you are not getting behind THEIR candidate!  We are not monolithic - and NOW is precisely the time to have vigorous discussion about all of the prospective candidates.

NOW is the time. 

Discuss your point of view, try to sway others - but stop with the disrespectful crap!  That is what turns people off!  I'm sick to death of it.

I'm sorry, Alice, but think we need a little context here, regarding Luis' post to Libertybelle.

We just had an enjoyable thread started by a new member where she stated that her favorite was Ted Cruz....in which we explained by Sen. Cruz is not cherished on the same level by all here.

Libertybelle SNIDELY said:

Oh goody a supporter of the GOPe has weighed in.  You of course are entitled to your opinion, but most of us in here have the common sense to know from the past several election cycles that a RINO will lose.  That's ok, eventually you'll figure it out.  :silly:

I think Luis was very controlled and proper in his reply.

That said, I too, wish we could all get along better. 

Just can't figure out how to make a certain faction of our Conservative 'family' realize their poop stinks too!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2015, 02:02:12 pm »
Just can't figure out how to make a certain faction of our Conservative 'family' realize their poop stinks too!

Everybody poos and it ALL stinks! The sooner we figure that out and get on with business the better off we will all be IMHO!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2015, 02:05:08 pm »
I'm sorry, Alice, but think we need a little context here, regarding Luis' post to Libertybelle.

We just had an enjoyable thread started by a new member where she stated that her favorite was Ted Cruz....in which we explained by Sen. Cruz is not cherished on the same level by all here.

Libertybelle SNIDELY said:

"Oh goody a supporter of the GOPe has weighed in.  You of course are entitled to your opinion, but most of us in here have the common sense to know from the past several election cycles that a RINO will lose.  That's ok, eventually you'll figure it out.  :silly:"

I think Luis was very controlled and proper in his reply.

That said, I too, wish we could all get along better. 

Sorry DC, but I fail to see where what Libertybele said equates Luis telling her to shove it.  Luis, to all appearances is proud to be a supporter of what Libertybele calls the GOPe.   As a person that aligns herself with the "Conservative family" here - I have been called a SoCon - which I am not!  And that term is not being used with endearment - it is meant in a disparaging way. 

But you know what - I just walk away - rather than throw an insult back like a kid on the playground in a mud fight.

Why drag the whole forum down engaging in a poop fight?  Telling someone to shove it crosses over the line and does not show respect to another person's right to express their opinion.  I don't see in any way, shape or form, what Libertybele said is befitting of being told to shove it and I can't believe that you would think so also.  She said something "snidely"?  Which one among us never say anything "snidely"?  That is allowed - you know?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2015, 02:29:07 pm »
Sorry DC, but I fail to see where what Libertybele said equates Luis telling her to shove it.  Luis, to all appearances is proud to be a supporter of what Libertybele calls the GOPe.   As a person that aligns herself with the "Conservative family" here - I have been called a SoCon - which I am not!  And that term is not being used with endearment - it is meant in a disparaging way. 

But you know what - I just walk away - rather than throw an insult back like a kid on the playground in a mud fight.

Why drag the whole forum down engaging in a poop fight?  Telling someone to shove it crosses over the line and does not show respect to another person's right to express their opinion.  I don't see in any way, shape or form, what Libertybele said is befitting of being told to shove it and I can't believe that you would think so also.  She said something "snidely"?  Which one among us never say anything "snidely"?  That is allowed - you know?

It's not what you say so much as HOW you say it.

Was not the least bit offended by Luis' manner in SUGGESTING it.  And neither should you.

What the hell are we?  A bunch of wusses?

Again, we've danced and danced and danced on the forum over Ted Cruz' bonafides and conservative pedigree.   We're all tired of the song.

It's Walker/Rubio for me.  But, I'd settle for Walker/Anybody.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2015, 02:30:00 pm »
Everybody poos and it ALL stinks! The sooner we figure that out and get on with business the better off we will all be IMHO!

:beer:

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2015, 03:15:26 pm »
This thread has turned to *----*.

:seeya:
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online libertybele

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2015, 03:51:32 pm »
Perhaps being "snide" as it was called towards a member in here who sides with the GOPe was uncalled for and I do apologize.  I however, will not apologize for my opinion.  I still firmly believe that any GOPe candidate that is run will lose to the DEMS as has been the case in the past several presidential election cycles. 

I also firmly believe that siding and voting for candidates who side with DEMS is one of the problems that lies within the Republican party.  It only reflects the power of the DEM party and NOT the power/conservative principles of the Republican party making them pretty much a party that stands for nothing.  As I have stated before there are a handful of true conservatives who stand by the Constitution, who listen to their constituents and refuse to cave to the DEMS.  I stand with them and refuse to be a part of what ails the Republican party.  I admire, respect, and feel that Cruz would make an excellent president.  I also firmly believe that if everyone voted for who they thought was the best candidate rather than voting just for party or who they think can win, this country wouldn't be in the mess that it's in.

Walker has flip-flopped on several issues. His recourse is that he is "listening" to his constituents.  Does that mean that he wasn't listening before?  Reversing course on issues is one of the reasons that Romney lost.  I however would vote for Walker against a DEM...I would prefer Cruz is all that I am saying. If Cruz runs, I will continue to support him and will work for him against any of the other candidates period.  I cannot in good conscious support a candidate that I don't believe in; that in my opinion is a waste of time and a wasted vote. 

My hunch is we will see either Cruz, Walker of Paul get the GOP nod.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 03:54:35 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2015, 04:08:29 pm »
libertybele, if you will only support a candidate who has never changed his or her mind on anything, then you will support no one.

I'm going to repeat this again, and repeat as often as necessary....

NONE of us is going to have a candidate who agrees with us on every issue, and who is without flaw.

Such a person does not exist.

Snideness against someone who simply states a different opinion, or bashing an entire group of (conservative) people is ALWAYS uncalled for.  If you want to persuade people to come over to your point of view, do it with logic and reason.

BOTH sides are at fault here.  BOTH sides need to tone it down.

It's not so much that others are overly sensitive.  It's much more that no one is convinced by snarky comments or crudities.

We have a long time before the election in November, 2016.  Let's focus on the fact that the ENEMY is the LEFT, and not each other.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2015, 04:17:05 pm »
libertybele, if you will only support a candidate who has never changed his or her mind on anything, then you will support no one.

NONE of us is going to have a candidate who agrees with us on every issue, and who is without flaw.

Snideness against someone who simply states a different opinion, or bashing an entire group of (conservative) people is ALWAYS uncalled for.  If you want to persuade people to come over to your point of view, do it with logic and reason.

It's not so much that others are overly sensitive.  It's much more that no one is convinced by snarky comments or crudities.

We have a long time before the election in November, 2016.  Let's focus on the fact that the ENEMY is the LEFT, and not each other.

:word:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2015, 06:07:08 pm »

If I may expand on one of your points.

All of us here engage in rhetoric and argument in an effort to change minds. We argue using facts, humor, google, and in my case, using my unassailable logic.  ^-^

So why should one who has successfully been persuaded to our point of view—because we are so brilliant—be disparaged for changing their position?

Someone's mind has been changed! Each of us learn and grow. So positions change when there is more understanding about an issue. It's no sin. Scott Walker changed on immigration. Other politicians have done the same.

If you think about it, the term flip-flopper is a relatively new slur coined for one, John Kerry in 2004, not because he grew in one or two issues, but because he would constantly shape-shift on issue after issue every day depending on the audience or the intended effect on his election chances. That's not growing through knowledge or understanding – that's pandering.

In short, most of us as we go through life fine tune our opinions based on thoughtful consideration and study, and maybe if we're lucky we gain a greater understanding of the consequences a particular world view.

Now I'm just rambling. That's all.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2015, 06:13:50 pm »
If I may expand on one of your points.

All of us here engage in rhetoric and argument in an effort to change minds. We argue using facts, humor, google, and in my case, using my unassailable logic.  ^-^

So why should one who has successfully been persuaded to our point of view—because we are so brilliant—be disparaged for changing their position?

Someone's mind has been changed! Each of us learn and grow. So positions change when there is more understanding about an issue. It's no sin. Scott Walker changed on immigration. Other politicians have done the same.

If you think about it, the term flip-flopper is a relatively new slur coined for one, John Kerry in 2004, not because he grew in one or two issues, but because he would constantly shape-shift on issue after issue every day depending on the audience or the intended effect on his election chances. That's not growing through knowledge or understanding – that's pandering.

In short, most of us as we go through life fine tune our opinions based on thoughtful consideration and study, and maybe if we're lucky we gain a greater understanding of the consequences a particular world view.

Now I'm just rambling. That's all.

A great sign of intelligence is the willingness to admit when you're wrong. Nobody knows or is right about everything, and being aware of that is a key part of our intellectual growth.
-Socrates

Offline flowers

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2015, 06:45:36 pm »
I hope he runs and pray that he becomes our next president.  I see him is America's last chance.

I really like him. I like Walker more.