Author Topic: Walker: Bush is 'name from the past'  (Read 537 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Walker: Bush is 'name from the past'
« on: March 13, 2015, 05:44:12 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/235638-walker-bush-is-like-other-failed-gop-candidates

March 13, 2015, 12:31 pm
Walker: Bush is 'name from the past'
By Jonathan Easley

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker took a direct shot at Jeb Bush’s electoral prospects on Friday, saying the former Florida governor is like other failed establishment candidates that came before him.

"We had Bob Dole, John McCain, Mitt Romney,” Walker said in an interview with Adam C. Smith of the Tampa Bay Times. “If it's just whoever's next up, that hasn't worked so well for the Republican Party in the past.”

“Jeb's a good man,” Walker continued. “You're not going to hear me speak ill will of Jeb. He's a friend of mine, He called me two days before (announcing) his PAC, I think highly of him. I just think voters are going to look at this and say, 'If we're running against Hillary Clinton, we'll need a name from the future, not a name from the past, to win.' ”

Walker and Bush have emerged as the early front-runners in the big field of potential GOP contenders. A McClatchy-Marist poll released earlier this month showed Bush in the lead with 19 percent support among Republican voters, followed by Walker at 18 percent. The next closest candidate was former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee at 10 percent.

Bush and Walker have overlapping trips to New Hampshire this weekend as they seek to gain support from voters, party leaders and donors in the critical first-in-the-nation primary state.

None of the potential GOP contenders have had to release the fundraising figures for their leadership PACs yet, but media reports indicate that Bush is lapping the field, with Walker in hot pursuit.

Walker told the Tampa Bay Times that he expects Bush will lead the field in early fundraising because some influential Republicans owe the Bush family for past favors.

“He'll have by far the biggest report,” Walker said. “There's a lot of people who are loyal to that family because of an ambassadorship or an appointment or something like that, so those people are going to show up big on his first report. What we're hoping going forward are not donors of obligation but donors of passion, people who are passionate about the reforms we bring to the table."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Walker: Bush is 'name from the past'
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 08:03:59 pm »
Walker would be wise to disassociate himself from Jeb.  IMO anyone who aligns themselves with Jeb should be placed under RINO radar.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.