Author Topic: Gowdy: 'Our Committee Doesn't Have the Power' to Seize Hillary's Email Server  (Read 641 times)

Offline flowers

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/gowdy-our-committee-doesnt-have-power-seize-hillarys-email-server

(CNSNews.com) - The House Select Committee on Benghazi will not subpoena Hillary Clinton's email server, because it can't, committee chairman Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Wednesday.

"Well our committee doesn't have the power -- under our rules, we don't have the power to seize a personal property like that. The House as a whole, that's franky an open constitutional question as to whether the House as a whole has that legal authority, but frankly, we shouldn't have to compel it," Gowdy said.

"You can subpoena but the power to subpoena is only as good as the power to compel compliance," Gowdy, an attorney, said. "But rather than have that protracted legal battle, I don't know why she doesn't just turn the server over."

At her news conference on Tuesday, Clinton said the private email server she used during her time at the State Department "contains personal communications from my husband and me, and I believe I have met all of my responsibilities and the server will remain private."

Hillary said the server she used "was set up for President Clinton's office. And it had numerous safeguards. It was on property guarded by the Secret Service. And there were no security breaches."

Clinton said she has handed over all her work-related emails to the State Department, as requested, but "I chose not to keep my private personal emails -- emails about planning Chelsea's wedding or my mother's funeral

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Golly Gee!    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

Just for the record who here even thinks that server hasn't been scrubbed or in the same shape as Vince Foster right now?

Online mountaineer

As countless people have observed, if this were anyone else, the FBI would be investigating.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Just for the record who here even thinks that server hasn't been scrubbed or in the same shape as Vince Foster right now?

They have at least one 'ready' to present to the authorities after an exhaustive court go-around.  "See?  You're persecuting me because you're all paranoid right-wing freaks!!"   {Said in a shrieking Hillary voice)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:55:14 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

They has at least one 'ready' to present to the authorities after an exhaustive court go-around.  "See?  You're persecuting me because you're all paranoid right-wing freaks!!"   {Said in a shrieking Hillary voice)
:beer: :patriot: