Author Topic: Hillary Clinton deleted 32,000 ‘private’ emails, refuses to turn over server  (Read 789 times)

rangerrebew

Hillary Clinton deleted 32,000 ‘private’ emails, refuses to turn over server

Answering questions for the first time about her emails, Hillary Rodham Clinton said she's turned over to the State Department 55,000 pages of emails she deemed work-related, but said she got rid of the rest last year. (Associated Press)

Answering questions for the first time about her emails, Hillary Rodham Clinton said she’s turned over to the State Department 55,000 pages of emails she deemed work-related, but said she got rid of the rest last year. (Associated Press) more >

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton deleted nearly 32,000 emails she deemed private from her time in the Obama administration and refused Tuesday to turn over her personal email server, insisting she “fully complied” with the law and that voters will have to trust her judgment.

Answering questions for the first time about her emails, Mrs. Clinton said she’s turned over to the State Department 55,000 pages of emails she deemed work-related, but said she got rid of the rest last year. She defended her decision to keep control of her emails by using a private account, saying previous secretaries did the same thing, and saying it was more “convenient” for her this way.

“I wanted to use just one device for both personal and work emails instead of two,” she said in a hastily called press conference after she spoke at the U.N. Conference on Women.

But her explanations are already coming under fire. One conservative group, America Rising PAC, said Mrs. Clinton has previously said she keeps both a BlackBerry and an iPhone.

Mrs. Clinton also said the email server was set up for her husband, former President Clinton, but his office told The Wall Street Journal that he has only sent two emails in his life, and both were during his time as president, which ended in 2001, or eight years before the private server was created.

Of the 62,320 emails in her account, her office said 30,490 were deemed public business, while the remaining 31,830 were deemed private.

Congressional Republicans said Mrs. Clinton shouldn’t take credit for turning over her emails since it was only done under pressure from the House committee probing the 2012 Benghazi terrorist attack.

Rep. Trey Gowdy, the South Carolina Republican and former federal prosecutor who is running the Benghazi probe, said Mrs. Clinton’s explanation raised more questions than it answered about her decisions. He said both the State Department and Mrs. Clinton have forfeited trust because they hid her private account from view for so long.

“That is why I see no choice but for Secretary Clinton to turn her server over to a neutral, detached third-party arbiter who can determine which documents should be public and which should remain private,” Mr. Gowdy said. “Secretary Clinton alone created this predicament, but she alone does not get to determine its outcome.”

The former first lady flatly rejected turning over her server, saying she’s already done enough in her mind to comply with her obligations.

“I chose not to keep my private personal emails — emails about planning Chelsea’s wedding or my mother’s funeral arrangements, condolence notes to friends as well as yoga routines, family vacations, the other things you typically find in inboxes,” she said.

She said open records laws leave it up to federal employees to determine what records are government-related and must be stored, and what communications are private and don’t have to be kept.

“I fully complied with every rule that I was governed by,” she said in a 20-minute press conference.

Mrs. Clinton began using the private server and email account on March 18, 2009. She said over the years, about half of the emails she sent from it were work-related and half were personal.

State Department rules reportedly prohibit employees from having more than one email account on a handheld device, and Mrs. Clinton said it was more convenient to use a single device, so she conducted all of her business from her new private account.

Story Continues →

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/10/hillary-clinton-deleted-32000-private-emails-refus/#ixzz3U4GObp00
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
She hasn't been held responsible or accountable for Benghazi for the past several years and I don't see that she will fully comply ... she's a Democrat and it seems that they can do whatever.  Had this been a Republican all hell would have broken lose long ago and she would have been brought up on charges.

She is just as disgusting as Obama.  It will be interesting as either she goes down or Obama and Jarret go down ... she stepped down long ago as Secretary of State for a reason.  I think she knew she was going to take the heat for all the corruption.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Carling

She is just as disgusting as Obama.  It will be interesting as either she goes down or Obama and Jarret go down ... she stepped down long ago as Secretary of State for a reason.  I think she knew she was going to take the heat for all the corruption.

I think Jarrett and Obama pulled one over on her when the made her Sec of State, and Hillary now realizes it.  Very clever of Obama, keeping Hillary close to the White House, yet knowing it would be much easier to get dirt on her from within the administration than it would be if she had stayed a senator.  The email debacle is 100% coming from the White House, and it's awesome to watch.  Clinton got Clintoned.  Couldn't happen to a more deserving piece of crap.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:22:55 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I think Jarrett and Obama pulled one over on her when the made her Sec of State, and Hillary now realizes it.  Very clever of Obama, keeping Hillary close to the White House, yet knowing it would be much easier to get dirt on her from within the administration than it would be if she had stayed a senator.  The email debacle is 100% coming from the White House, and it's awesome to watch.  Clinton got Clintoned.  Couldn't happen to a more deserving piece of crap.
Looks like that might be the case. Keep your enemies close, etc.

The GOP should go to court over the material on that server which SHOULD belong to "we the people."

How do we know the deleted emails don't reveal breaches of national security, criminal acts, fraud, corruption, etc.?

The material on that server SHOULD BE on government computers.

An alternate theory is that Hillary has the goods on Obama, and she is letting it out this way, forced to reveal her email contents.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This is the epitome of squirrel-chasing in a backyard.

The GOP led Congress should immediately draft legislation changing the law where NO private or third party email accounts are allowed. 

And no using the draft folder to communicate in secret.  Petraeus and his mistress Paula Broadwell did that, thinking nobody was privy...nobody watching.

Random searches of their phones and/or Blackberrys.  Any violation is subject to immediate suspension and arrest and loss of all government benefits and pensions.

Good God!!    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I personally don't think Hilliary and her people are half as smart as they think they are! Just because those e-mails were deleted from HER server does not mean that they are not on someone's server!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I personally don't think Hilliary and her people are half as smart as they think they are! Just because those e-mails were deleted from HER server does not mean that they are not on someone's server!

WTF are you talking about, Willis?

Her aides' all had clintonemail.com  And the server handled ALL communications between and among those accounts.

Yes, Huma's emails to others may be on another server...HOWEVER, you can be sure that since the Muslim Brotherhood, for example,....in one of those 150+ White House logged-on visits...plus others in locations blocks from the White House, that they all have clintonemail.com accounts and that's the ONLY account that will be allowed in their personal inbox.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

LOL...spot on Bigun!!!!!