Author Topic: Obama To Hold Off Announcing Location For Presidential Library Until After Chicago’s Mayoral Race  (Read 553 times)

Offline flowers

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/03/09/obama-presidential-library/

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama will hold off on announcing the location for his future presidential library until after Chicago’s runoff election for mayor, two people familiar with the decision said, in a bid to avoid politicizing his legacy project.

Last year the Barack Obama Foundation, which is screening proposals for the library, said the president and first lady Michelle Obama would announce the winner by the end of March. But with the Chicago race still up in the air, the announcement is no longer expected until after the April 7 runoff, said the

Why wait until after the run-off? What political good will that do for obama? 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/03/09/obama-presidential-library/

Why wait until after the run-off? What political good will that do for obama?

So much money is involved in a Presidential Library, including foreign donations usually off limits in the politcal world, I'm sure he wants to wait and see if his 'wheel greaser' will get elected. I am sure they are counting on a LOT of kick-backs and under the table money into O and Rahm's accounts. Rahm's main opponent, Garcia, has been positioning himself as anti-DC (but still a Dem) and big union booster (ie increased expenses) and not a friend of Obama or Rahm.

Offline flowers

So much money is involved in a Presidential Library, including foreign donations usually off limits in the politcal world, I'm sure he wants to wait and see if his 'wheel greaser' will get elected. I am sure they are counting on a LOT of kick-backs and under the table money into O and Rahm's accounts. Rahm's main opponent, Garcia, has been positioning himself as anti-DC (but still a Dem) and big union booster (ie increased expenses) and not a friend of Obama or Rahm.
Thanks....makes sense to me now.