Author Topic: Kerry on Spot When Asked About Saudi Hosts Giving Award to Man Who Said Bush Was Behind 9/11  (Read 249 times)

Offline flowers

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/kerry-spot-when-asked-about-saudi-hosts-giving-award-man-who-said

(CNSNews.com) – In the Saudi capital on Thursday, Secretary of State John Kerry sidestepped an awkward question about his hosts’ awarding of a prestigious religious prize to a controversial Muslim cleric who has expressed support for Osama bin Laden and accused George W. Bush of being behind the 9/11 terror attacks.

“I really don’t know anything about the award, the process, the – I know, obviously, something of the individual, but let me find out more before I make any comment on it,” said Kerry during a joint press appearance with Saudi Foreign Minister Saud Al-Faisal.

A reporter had asked him, “The King Faisal Foundation has just given a $200,000 award to a leading Islamic scholar from India who apparently called the 9/11 attacks in the United States an inside job, suggesting that the Bush administration was behind it. Could I have your reaction to that?”