Author Topic: Republicans' fear: 2 more years of gridlock  (Read 3725 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Republicans' fear: 2 more years of gridlock
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2015, 03:16:50 am »
Well, your premise is unacceptable but call it what you like.

You be sure and let me know when the GOP actually ACCOMPLISHES anything.

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2013/02/26/20-of-the-greatest-moments-in-the-history-of-the-republican-party-n1520352/page/full

1) Emancipation Proclamation (1863)
2) End of the Civil War (1865)
3) Women's right to vote (1872)
4) Victory in the Spanish American War (1898)
5) Construction of the Panama Canal (1904)
6) First woman elected to U.S. House of Representatives (1916)
7) Construction of the Hoover Dam (1928)
8) Jessie Owens wins four gold medals in the Olympics (1936)
9) Jackie Robinson becomes the first black American to play in the Major Leagues (1947)
10) The Interstate Highway System (1956)
11) Desegregating schools (1957)
12) The First Asian-American U.S. Senator (1959)
13) Civil Rights Act of 1960
14) The Reagan tax cuts (1981)
15) Collapse of the Soviet Union (1991)
16) The Gulf War (1991)
17) Welfare reform (1996)
18) A Republican Congress balances the budget (1998-2001):
19) Retaliation in Afghanistan (2001):
20) Condi Rice becomes Secretary of State (2005)

Oh?  You meant what have they accomplished in the 2 months since they were sworn in?  It is true they have not gotten much done besides passing Keystone and funding for Homeland Security( with bipartisan support).  Good legislation takes time...any fool can write bad laws that get struck down by the SCOTUS.  I'd also add they have blocked rat driven agendas and they are investigating Hitlery's e-mail. 

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2015, 03:26:24 am »
Of that list of "twenty accomplishments" of the "Republican Party" above, about ten of them are worth a bucket of warm spit...

... which did more to damage the future of the country, than they did to advance it.

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2015, 03:51:02 am »
Of that list of "twenty accomplishments" of the "Republican Party" above, about ten of them are worth a bucket of warm spit...

... which did more to damage the future of the country, than they did to advance it.
How sad for you then.

Offline evadR

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2015, 04:03:56 am »
I'm sure you know the difference between accomplishes and accomplished.

My concerns are with the here and now.

But I liked your little list...very nice.

Thanks.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2015, 04:29:23 am »
http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2013/02/26/20-of-the-greatest-moments-in-the-history-of-the-republican-party-n1520352/page/full

1) Emancipation Proclamation (1863)
2) End of the Civil War (1865)
3) Women's right to vote (1872)
4) Victory in the Spanish American War (1898)
5) Construction of the Panama Canal (1904)
6) First woman elected to U.S. House of Representatives (1916)
7) Construction of the Hoover Dam (1928)
8) Jessie Owens wins four gold medals in the Olympics (1936)
9) Jackie Robinson becomes the first black American to play in the Major Leagues (1947)
10) The Interstate Highway System (1956)
11) Desegregating schools (1957)
12) The First Asian-American U.S. Senator (1959)
13) Civil Rights Act of 1960
14) The Reagan tax cuts (1981)
15) Collapse of the Soviet Union (1991)
16) The Gulf War (1991)
17) Welfare reform (1996)
18) A Republican Congress balances the budget (1998-2001):
19) Retaliation in Afghanistan (2001):
20) Condi Rice becomes Secretary of State (2005)

Oh?  You meant what have they accomplished in the 2 months since they were sworn in?  It is true they have not gotten much done besides passing Keystone and funding for Homeland Security( with bipartisan support).  Good legislation takes time...any fool can write bad laws that get struck down by the SCOTUS.  I'd also add they have blocked rat driven agendas and they are investigating Hitlery's e-mail.

I thought seriously about going through you list item by item but decided that it's not worth my time so I'll just ask you one simple question about item number one on your list.

How many slaves did the emancipation proclamation free?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2015, 04:35:51 am »
You shouldn't have to go back to 1863 to make a list of 20 accomplishments.
I thought the link was clear, but perhaps I should have included the title.  20 Of the Greatest Moments In the History Of the Republican Party.  The list isn't comprehensive of every accomplishment of the GOP. 

If I had the time and interest I'm sure I could come up with 20 accomplishments of this Congress, but they would be minor things compared to DHS funding and Keystone.

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2015, 04:36:51 am »
I thought seriously about going through you list item by item but decided that it's not worth my time so I'll just ask you one simple question about item number one on your list.

How many slaves did the emancipation proclamation free?
All of them...eventually.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2015, 04:38:04 am »
All of them...eventually.

BZZZZZTTTT! Wrong!

Correct answer is not a single one!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2015, 05:31:28 am »
BZZZZZTTTT! Wrong!

Correct answer is not a single one!

Oh, well then nevermind.

Offline evadR

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2015, 01:54:50 pm »
So, to sum this thread up for me, as long as Hussein is president, the pubbies will accomplish absolutely nothing of significance.  Not because they can't, not because they don't have tools and power but because they won't.

Hussein will continue to run rampant, pubbies will continue to huff and puff, dims will continue to support their emperor  and that as they say is that.

In 2016 we will have another round of Charlie and Lucy and the football.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2015, 03:00:51 pm »
So, to sum this thread up for me, as long as Hussein is president, the pubbies will accomplish absolutely nothing of significance.  Not because they can't, not because they don't have tools and power but because they won't.

Hussein will continue to run rampant, pubbies will continue to huff and puff, dims will continue to support their emperor  and that as they say is that.

In 2016 we will have another round of Charlie and Lucy and the football.

Quite honestly, this thread makes me sick to my stomach.

This isn't a video game we're playing....where you make a 'fatal' mistake and simply push a button a start over...and over...and over.  You get ONE or maybe two opportunities to 'beat' them.

Looking back at the mid-terms during the Obama regime, the Dems have lost record numbers of seats and positions across the country.  From dogcatcher to US. Senator.

And that's just by letting the Dems play 'Animal House'.  Just sitting back and handing them shovels.

Predicting that by the time November 2016 is here, that even Jesus H. Christ running as the Dem candidate will get beat by whomever the GOP puts up there.  Jeb Bush excepted.  LOL!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2015, 03:24:40 pm »
Quite honestly, this thread makes me sick to my stomach.

This isn't a video game we're playing....where you make a 'fatal' mistake and simply push a button a start over...and over...and over.  You get ONE or maybe two opportunities to 'beat' them.

Looking back at the mid-terms during the Obama regime, the Dems have lost record numbers of seats and positions across the country.  From dogcatcher to US. Senator.

And that's just by letting the Dems play 'Animal House'.  Just sitting back and handing them shovels.

Predicting that by the time November 2016 is here, that even Jesus H. Christ running as the Dem candidate will get beat by whomever the GOP puts up there.  Jeb Bush excepted.  LOL!

I honestly HOPE that you are right but greatly fear you aren't!  I think if things progress as you suggest by election time most will have thrown up their hands in despair and WE ill lose BIG TIME

- J. R. R. Tolkien