Author Topic: Lt. Gen. Flynn: Obama Claim al-Qaida on Run Off Base ....must read  (Read 803 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=628579

Newsmax
Lt. Gen. Flynn: Obama Claim al-Qaida on Run Off Base
Thursday, March 5, 2015 07:56 PM

By: Greg Richter

The claims made by President Barack Obama during his 2012 re-election campaign that al-Qaida was "on the run" did not match the information Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn was seeing as Defense Intelligence Agency director, he told Fox News.

In an interview recorded this week and aired Thursday on Fox News Channel's "Special Report," Flynn told host Bret Baier that documents recovered in the raid that killed Osama bin Laden showed that al-Qaida was gaining ground.

Flynn left his position last year.

Flynn told Fox News that the "facts" he saw showed that the size, scale and numbers of organizations were increasing and that there was a "thickening of lines between different groups" in Pakistan, Yemen, East Africa, Maghreb, and Mali.

"So who is briefing the president? How does he get to those sentences?" Baier asked.

"For me to sit here and tell you why he says what he says, I don't know," Flynn said. "What I know, the intelligence said was not necessarily what we hear."

Baier suggested the facts were diametrically opposed to what Obama said.

"I would say from my perspective, it was just the opposite," Flynn agreed. "You can't sit here and say that al-Qaida was defeated when we're still looking at elements of al-Qaida that are conducting operations."

Baier quoted Obama from a May 1, 2012, speech in which he said, "The goal that I set to defeat al-Qaida and deny it a chance to rebuild is now within our reach."

Flynn said that goal still isn't within reach.

"I can't sit here and tell you that we are," he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Lt. Gen. Flynn: Obama Claim al-Qaida on Run Off Base ....must read
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 02:23:09 am »
I will assure you of one thing! If the former director of  the DIA essentially called the president he worked for a liar on television you wouldn't be able to pick up a "news"paper or turn on a radio or TV for a month without hearing about it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 04:07:54 pm »
It never ceases to amaze me what the "republicans" on this site think to be important!

A movie star makes a crash landing in one of his planes and it's Katie bar the door!

The just past director of the Defense Intelligence Agency basically calls  the president he worked for a liar on national TV and it's [[[[[[[[[crickets]]]]]]]]!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 08:37:45 pm »
It never ceases to amaze me what the "republicans" on this site think to be important!

A movie star makes a crash landing in one of his planes and it's Katie bar the door!

The just past director of the Defense Intelligence Agency basically calls  the president he worked for a liar on national TV and it's [[[[[[[[[crickets]]]]]]]]!
It is rough some days reading the news and watching what the response is.