Author Topic: AP: White House lawyers unaware of Clinton emails  (Read 502 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
AP: White House lawyers unaware of Clinton emails
« on: March 05, 2015, 02:29:24 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/hillary-clinton-emails-white-house-lawyers-report-115787.html?hp=l3_4

AP: White House lawyers unaware of Clinton emails

By Nick Gass

3/5/15 8:20 AM EST

The White House’s Office of General Counsel did not know that Hillary Clinton used only her personal email account during her time as secretary of state, according to a report from The Associated Press, citing a person familiar with the situation.

The AP’s source said that counsel found out that fact only because of the congressional investigation into the 2012 diplomatic attack in Benghazi, Libya.

White House press secretary Josh Earnest said Wednesday that he did not know whether the White House was aware Clinton was using her own email server but said, “the expectation at the White House, as was the case for every other Cabinet agency, is that she and her team are in compliance with the Federal Records Act.”

State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf on Wednesday responded to questions about whether Clinton’s use of personal email for official business raised red flags at Foggy Bottom, deferring to the former secretary’s office but confirming that she did not have a state.gov account.

“I can’t speak to anonymous claims about concerns people inside the building may have raised. Again, I think her office can address the issues about security,” Harf said. “I think they’re probably most appropriate to do so. So I can’t really speak to those kinds of claims.”

All 55,000 pages of emails Clinton turned over to the department are now part of the record, Harf said.

Harf also pushed back on legal questions about whether Clinton’s use of personal email accounts had violated the law.

“There was no prohibition,” she said. “There was not then and there is not now a prohibition on using a personal email for official business, and at the time she was in office, there was no time requirement for when those needed to be preserved as records. They all have been preserved as records now. Her team has said that this is the extent of the records that she has, so that is where we are today.”

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:31:21 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: AP: White House lawyers unaware of Clinton emails
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 02:38:20 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/03/04/attkisson-obama-official-specifically-told-avoid-email-records-by-texting/

ATTKISSON: OBAMA OFFICIAL ‘SPECIFICALLY TOLD’ AVOID EMAIL RECORDS BY TEXTING

by PAM KEY4 Mar 2015

Wednesday on Newsmax TV’s  “MidPoint,” former CBS investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson said she was told an Obama administration official was “specifically told” to “use text messages,” or “to use alternate forms of communication,” when communicating about ObamaCare, so as not to leave an email record the public could potentially see.

Attkisson said, “I think that they try and find ways in which they could legally defend that they did act perhaps within the letter of the law, but getting around the intent of the law. In other words, I think they look for ways, this administration, sometimes the last administration, to use text messages, to use alternate forms of communication. I’ve been told on a story I’m working on regarding healthcare.gov an official was specifically told—don’t email  things, we don’t want to create email records. They are very cognizant now that these records are public records and can, theoretically, if they get turned over properly, be seen by the public. So if anyone thinks that people might be doing something the public doesn’t like aren’t scheming ways to get around the idea these records could be disclosed are being naïve, because I think that’s going on all the time.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 05:56:38 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/03/04/attkisson-obama-official-specifically-told-avoid-email-records-by-texting/

ATTKISSON: OBAMA OFFICIAL ‘SPECIFICALLY TOLD’ AVOID EMAIL RECORDS BY TEXTING

by PAM KEY4 Mar 2015

Wednesday on Newsmax TV’s  “MidPoint,” former CBS investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson said she was told an Obama administration official was “specifically told” to “use text messages,” or “to use alternate forms of communication,” when communicating about ObamaCare, so as not to leave an email record the public could potentially see.

Attkisson said, “I think that they try and find ways in which they could legally defend that they did act perhaps within the letter of the law, but getting around the intent of the law. In other words, I think they look for ways, this administration, sometimes the last administration, to use text messages, to use alternate forms of communication. I’ve been told on a story I’m working on regarding healthcare.gov an official was specifically told—don’t email  things, we don’t want to create email records. They are very cognizant now that these records are public records and can, theoretically, if they get turned over properly, be seen by the public. So if anyone thinks that people might be doing something the public doesn’t like aren’t scheming ways to get around the idea these records could be disclosed are being naïve, because I think that’s going on all the time.”
Of course they knew......EVERYONE KNEW/KNOWS. How many did she send to congress member's????

You know he/the whole regime is doing this now. He carries that blackberry still doesn't he?

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 06:25:09 pm »

The White Hut only became aware of this when the news came on T.V. ...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan